Friday, June 03, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me :D

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Yes, it's true. The countdown is finally over and I have turned 22! awwww yay! alhamdulillah it feels good. It was weird because I was really looking forward to it. Most of the time, I'm just like "eww I'm going to be one year older". But this year, I was happy. I've always liked the age 22 for some reason, ever since I was a kid. Wow ... how quick the years go by, huh? That's kinda scary. I just feel that this year will have so much to offer me insha'Allah. I'm a bit excited actually.

But on a serious note, I have to make the most of this coming year. There is so much I want to do and learn and insha'Allah that will be my goal.

I was born at 12:30 in the morning and every year, as a tradition, I stay up, say happy birthday to myself and go to bed teehehe So when it was time, I did my usual screams and met my family. My brother, Hamed, bought me a donut (aww) and a present (double awwww). It was cute too! It was a jersey with Homer on it haha Silly Homer. My parents bought me an indian outfit that I picked out. Since I have to go to a reception on my birthday, I told them I'd only be happy if they bought me a new outfit to wear on that day haha And they did! aww How sweet of them. It's real pretty, a copper-purplish colour. And I'm going festive with my hijab tonight too. I put rhinestones on my hijab band :D I haven't tried it on yet but insha'Allah I'm praying that it looks presentable! hehe

So, don't really have much planned for tonight, just that reception. I don't mind anymore because I get the opportunity to see my friends, ones that I normally don't see on my birthday. I'll have a smashing time ;) It means more to me that I get to spend time with family and friends on my birthday then just receiving endless gifts. Though presents are just fine, no objections to that (muahaha) but just having the ppl you care for and love the most around you, is much more special and sentimental. I'll make the most of it tonight. These years are just passing us by, without us even realizing it. I have faith in Allah Swt that He will provide me with so much happiness this coming year, for myself, for my parents and everyone else I know. Insha'Allah.

Party-harty time :D

4 Comments:

Blogger elysium said...

Salaam.
happy birthday!

Found you through some other sites -- naseeb/hm, etc.
nice blog. I may be keeping tabs :)

take care.

6/04/2005 6:55 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum Elysium :D
aww JazaakAllah so much! And thanks for dropping by ... my blogs aren't that interesting so beware hehe

6/05/2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

hope you had a lovely day :D
Birthdays rock.

6/06/2005 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Aleikum wr wb,
MashAllah Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed it!
Khuda Hafiz

7/07/2005 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker