Monday, June 06, 2005

Gender Equality in Islam

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I am going to keep this short because I feel nothing needs to be stressed here. The simplicity is amazing, subhana'Allah. There are always discussions about gender equality in Islam. Mainly due to the fact that some individuals feel that women are oppressed and that they do not receive as many rights and 'privileges' as the men seem to. I can completely understand why some women would bring up certain examples but the question here is ... what is it that really matters? There is equality in Islam. All men and women are equal in the relationship with Allah Swt. Period. We receive the same punishments from Him (Swt) and the same rewards from Him (Swt). Actually, I feel that women receive more rewards then the men because every little action that the women does towards her home, her family ... she is rewarded enormously by Allah Swt, just doing things for the sake of Him (Swt). Amazing.

I was at my friend's house yesterday and she was telling me about an article that she read in the Toronto Star. It was about a Muslim women commenting about gender equality and she just brought up the most simplest point. "Men and women are equal in the relationship with Allah Swt (God)". How can you further an argument to that? We waste so much thinking space and breath on the unimportant facts. We get so caught up in other things that we fail to see what is really important.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Btw ... my birthday was splended *faint* I was at a reception that day and each of the tables had center pieces with fishes! It was too cute ... in the end, my mummy won ours so we took it home. It's my first pet ever. I know, I know, I'm afraid of anything and everything that is living but this little one is just swimming around in glass awww Here's Blinky:

blinky33

13 Comments:

Blogger Asmaa said...

Assalaamu alaikum Squeeky

Yeah, we tend to make things a lot more complicated than they are... Women are awesome. And I'm not saying that only because I'm a woman ;)

Fish are so cute. well..not the ones we eat. (or else I wouldn't be able to eat them)...

okay I'm just going to stop polluting your blog now. :freak:

Asmaa

6/06/2005 8:27 PM  
Blogger Modest Hijabi said...

Assalamualaikum

Nice blog :)

6/06/2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

oh..by the way, to put a pic in your posts:

you know how you went to villagephotos.com and uploaded your pic? do the same thing and then copy and paste the url into your html post. should work :D

:freak:

6/08/2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Salaam Asmaa ...

I tried :( But it didn't give me the pic, it just had the written URL there. grr argh ...

6/08/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Bushra said...

I wanna read that article.. Is it on thestar.com? cuz then, next time sombody asks about equality in islam i can shove the article in thier face.. haha..

and that fish looks so cool Mashallah.. just dont kill it.

6/15/2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger isradhkakim said...

i think there are cases where women are more honored than men. isn't there a hadith that showed us how Rasulullah (saw) honored mothers three times higher than fathers.

anyway, yep what matters is our taqwa. it all boils down to that.

6/15/2005 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Does not the fish need more space?
The area he/she has looks very limited

6/18/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Modest Hijabi said...

Assalamualaikum

Rafia! heh, Just had to yell your name. Hope you're well, inshAllah khair.

May I add you to my blog?
its spice incase u dont know. :)

6/18/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Annonymous: Oh yea I know, don't worry, he has a bigger home now :D That was the thing he came in when we brought Blinky home from the wedding. Betta fish need room to swim around

Modest: hey you! wasalaam! and you may certainly add me to your blog, what an honour hehe Insha'Allah I'll do the same with yours soon. And I'm doing great! I hope to update soon

6/18/2005 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should probably put that fish in more water.

6/18/2005 3:11 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

why does everyone keep saying that?! thats how the got the fish from the party, but he's in a bigger home now! bigger! dont make me edit the entry *hmph* hehe

6/19/2005 3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..i like fishes too..but on pans..fried before my eyes...see us Bangladeshi's are too poor to fancy some "nemo" as our pet...we cant feed our ownselves or our siblings..let alone any osteichthyes with operculams....

BTW..i though it would be really hard finding islam centred blogs that doesn't always brag bout how the infidals should be dealt with..guess i was wrong..enough being a wise ***..gud blog KeeP it U:P

6/21/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

UberAwesome post.
I never understand why people who aren't even part of a group or religion complain about equality within the group. *rolls eyes* Sometimes people need to keep their protests to themself.

BTW: I am one of your new fans now. Keep up the great work.

7/03/2005 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker