Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Wait

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Okay ... my bedroom didn't turn out exactly the way I had envisioned it but hey ... it looks pretty nice! It's still pretty empty because ... well ... I haven't moved in yet .... haha Insha'Allah by the end of the week!! We still have time to move so I think my parents are being lazy which is making me lazy which I don't mind because I just don't want to leave this house. Even though I feel I am ready to take that leap and make another room my own ... it's still hard *sigh* It's difficult watching this house become emptier each day that passes. My brother has already moved into the new house ... he's enjoying it quite a bit. Who wouldn't with a big house like that to themselves? He better not be having parties there without our knowledge!

My bedroom set is cute ... and my dresser is just lovely. When we bought the set, I was a bit nervous because I was unsure if I would have any room to walk in my bedroom with all that furniture but alhamdulillah, I got more than enough space! I bought such pretty bed sheets and comforter that match my room colour puuuurfectly. All I need to do is find that perfect drawer for my hijabs :) Oh and I can't seem to find that phone I want :( I shall not lose faith! I will find it! One day!

Wedding planning is going good, alhamdulillah. Who knew there would be so much to do! Okay fine, I knew there would be so much to do ... it just seems like too much now and all I wanna do is scream because I feel I have no time to do anything AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. Okay sorry about that ... I have my moments.

Baking is still on hold unfortunately *sigh* Although I did get a chance to make cupcake cones for my cousin's daughter's 5th birthday. The kids had a great time with those because I made a little cupcake cone sprinkles station ... they went crazy with the sprinkles :D

I'm still a GoodLifer ... and now my fiance will be too *evil laughter* I was pretty lazy during the summer months when it came to the gym but now I'm going more consistently. It really makes you feel ... good :) I didn't realize how much of an affect it was having on me until I had to get my ring re-sized way back when. The jeweller wanted me to try a size 3 ... :S Which actually fit perfectly but I didn't want my ring to be that snug on me so he made it 3 1/4. I used to be a size 5 ... crazy.

And now ... I shall end this post because I am going to be internetless for a while. Not sure for how long but knowing me, I'll get a hold of the internet from somewhere.

Toodles!

6 Comments:

Blogger Umar said...

May I take this opportunity to promote my wedding photography services? :D
I work together with a friend of mine and I'm sure you'll hear great reviews about us (just ask liya!)

:)

11/25/2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Umar:
Aww thanks :) I think you and Elysium (sorry, so used to refering to him as that hehe) are such amazing photographers! I need a female photographer :( I've been looking into one so hopefully things will go well in that area! Thanks again. But I'll let you know if anything changes :)

11/26/2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger BanikaB said...

I made my way over to your site via links. You mentioned you're having trouble finding the phone you want. Might I suggest this?

Of course, if you don't want that one exactly, you could just look in that category. They have a lot of similar ones. I wasn't sure what kind of deocration or colour you were specifically looking for. Unfortunately I can't offer any suggestions for a hijab drawer (I'm still looking for a good one myself).

11/29/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

BanikaB
Welcome :) Thank you so much for your help! I actually did come across that phone and didn't think of getting it because I wasn't looking for one in white but my room has changed a bit and I think it would go pretty well! I'll see what I can do :) Oh and don't worry, we will find that perfect hijab drawer one day!

11/29/2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

Aref is a great photographer and I've worked with him a few times.
In this case, however, I was referring to a female friend of mine who I work with and shot Liya's wedding together. Let me know if you want to see samples of her work.

12/03/2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Umar:
Ohh ... cool. I would love to see some of her work, send it over!

12/04/2007 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker