Friday, June 29, 2007

Alhamdulillah

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Okay, so obviously I won't be updating that birthday post of mine hehe Which is too bad because it would have been a real nice post. Oh vell, I guess it just was not meant to be *sigh*

Alhamdulillah ... I just completed my first year of teaching :D

Honestly, I cannot believe it's over already. Yesterday was my last day with all my students and it was the most saddest day of my life :( I think I'm in a little bit of depression. Kindergarten students are tough but when you stop and think, they're so cute and precious masha'Allah. They always kept me entertained with their stories. This one girl would always tell me about her bunny at home and how it always scratches and bites her. When she gave me a gift, she drew a picture of me, herself and the bunny! haha It was so cute.

I got such wonderful gifts too, I was so surprised. The parents are so kind and sweet to me, I truly feel blessed ... alhamdulillah. I thought it was really nice for one of the parents to invite me to my student's birthday party this summer .. aww! Apparently he wants me to come so I will definitely make it for that ;) Then again, I might have second thoughts because of what one parent told me. She said last summer, the previous teacher attended one of the birthday parties and whenever the kids would get into a fight ... instead of running to their own parents, they would go straight to their teacher saying, "Teacher! Teacher! So-and-so isn't sharing!" Oh gosh, do I really want to be hounded again ..? Aww I think I would, just one more time during the summer hehe

Their graduation was on Wednesday and that was so adorable to witness! We had most of the students perform a little song for the parents. It's called I Look I See by Yusuf Islam. Such a nice song, masha'Allah ... we had hand actions and everything :D They really enjoyed it. We also created little graduation caps.

Today was my clean-up day in the classroom. My desk was in dire need of it. Even though I missed the kids terribly at the school, it was still nice to have a day to myself and just to do things that I need to around my classroom. Sometimes, time just flies by you ...

I'm going to share some cute pictures during our last few weeks at the school:


We did a Mice Unit (eww) and we all made mouse visors and visited the other classrooms :)


This is hilarious ... my student drew a picture of us and she told me that the one with the red hair was me. Then she stared at me for a while and went back to her seat. She came up to me again and added my nose ring haha Too cute!

That's about it! Now ... FINALLY, my summer has begun and I can FINALLY sleep in! Yay! I have been looking forward to this for a looooong time. I'll be pretty busy with weddings and such so I will be well entertained.

Hellloooooo Summer holidays!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heloooooo
Happy Summer Holidays to you too! Doesnt it just feel wonderful to have some time off? That picture your student drew for you was pretty cute especially considering that all you see is one leg :-s. Anyway I hope your keeping well :-) Take care insha Allah

mobeen

7/02/2007 2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet class! it looks like your teaching in a islamic school? did you have to get your b.ed to do that or could u do that with a regular b.a (not honours?)? i'm thinking of going to the same thing, is it easier? how percious! have a good holiday!

7/04/2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Enjoy your summer :D

7/06/2007 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry Squeeky! I'm (Ayesha) the anonymous comment in case you are wondering. just wondering if you have to get a b.ed to teach in islamic schools or private schools? i'm thinking of doing the same thing and I'm in my first year of college doing early childhood education and came acorss your blog recently. how do you get in contact with the schools? Is there a specific website? thank you and have a good holiday!

7/08/2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger Frazza said...

Assalamu'alaykum,

Stories like this make me wish I took up teaching as a profession. I guess it's not too late, but wherever Allah puts my rizq is fine my be insha-Allah. Congratulations on completing your first year.

May Allah make your summer fruitful and of benefit insha-Allah. :)

7/12/2007 1:11 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Mobeen:
haha yes alhamdulillah I'm really enjoying the break! I desperately needed it.
Anon/Ayesha:
I'm so sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner! I don't hang around my blog often anymore :( In order for me to teach at the school I am at, I had to have a University degree and experience with children. But if you have the opportunity to get your B.ed, I'd say go for it! All Islamic schools are different, make sure you research about the school! This particular school is nearby to where I live and I've known about it for years. Good luck!
'liya:
Thanks, hope you're doing the same!
Faraz:
Aww, jazaakAllahu khairaa and ameen to your du'a. It's definitely those little stories that make everything worth it, alhamdulillah.

7/12/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Awesome post :D that picture with you and your students is just classic. Hope you're enjoying your summer, and more importantly, you're sleeping in so far.

7/12/2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker