Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Decorate & Design

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Haven't moved yet ... for certain reasons. We have enough time to move in and live there. We have been transfering a lot of our things into the new house which has been strange for me. It's a little sad to see my current room being emptied and my new room filling up with boxes. I haven't put any furniture in my room yet. I need to map out my room and figure out how I want to arrange things. As much as I don't want to leave my current purple room ... I'm pretty excited to decorate this new room of mine. The colour is something I am not used to. It is a lighter shade of maroon. I was a little iffy about the colour because it makes the room appear darker than what I am used to. Hmm ... just need to put in more lights, I suppose. I decided to stick to that colour but my dad said to re-do it only because the previous owners nailed in soo many pictures and frames on the walls. It looks pretty messy. So my brother and I went out to look at sample sheets of paint to choose colours for our room. He wants his room to be a light shade of yellow and I chose a similar colour to what was already there ... only a bit lighter. It should match my bed spread perfectly and I *love* my bed spread .. it's so pretty!

I have a pretty good idea of how I want to decorate my room. Since my room will be a shade of red, I'd like to have an elegant theme where I am able to experiment with antique furniture. I am a huge fan of canopy beds but ... I think I'll save that for my other future room hehe I tried to look around for a nice bed frame but couldn't exactly find what I was looking for! Most of the styles were just too modern for me. I guess I will have to keep looking! I know what I do want though ... a phone similar to this:

But not in white. I have seen this type of phone everywhere and always wanted it :D This is my opportunity to take it!! While I was browsing through pictures ... I came across this phone:


haha Why am I surprised to see this! I don't really understand how it would work but hey, I'd still take it!

It's funny ... when I think of the many things I can do with my new bedroom, I automatically think about how I am going to decorate my room after I am married. We're going to live on our own insha'Allah so it gives me the opportunity to decorate a whole new place! Now that's exciting because I never thought I would have to do that yet. I have some ideas for my future new room haha Too many rooms, I'm getting confused! I'm thinking of painting it blue ... not just any blue ... but a lighter shade of neon blue. I want there to be a red and blue theme. Uhh, I haven't discussed this with him yet tee hee but I'm sure he will not have a problem with it once I give them the reason as to why I want to paint it those colours! :D

So much work to do ... but I look forward to every moment of it ...!

3 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Glad to see things are working out for you nicely!

Word of advice, think of how a guy would feel sleeping in a canopy bed - not very um manly lol. They're seen as old-fashioned and are usually made for young girls. Include your husband in the decorating so you guys can both incorporate what you want and make the decorating process more fun. Going with your theme, a wrought iron bed would be really romantic, it's a timeless piece and even though it's very expensive, it looks gorgeous and will last a lifetime. Sorry if I sound like I'm pushing an ad, my family is in the business so for once I know what I'm talking about :D

10/27/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I know the reason for why you want to paint your "future room" a lighter shade of neon blue... predictable. :)

Antique furniture has its appeals I'm sure but a canopy bed, as said by 'liya, isn't very manly... but then again, whatever works for you two. :)

10/29/2007 12:47 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

'liya:
haha Well as much as I would love a canopy bed ... I know I won't go that route. But they're not necessarily for just young girls. I've seen so many that have an elegant look to them. Thanks for the suggestions though! It must be nice to have a business in that department. Maybe I'll come by sometime :)

Oh and congratulations! May Allah Swt shower your marriage with happiness and love.

Nauman:
It is? I wanted to go red and blue because of his obsession with Smallville/Superman.

11/25/2007 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker