Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Life

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I had the most busiest weekend. One of our family friends got married and we were invited to all of the parties. When South Asians get married, the wedding has about 4 parties. I must say, it was a beautiful wedding masha'Allah. They made such an adorable couple!

Marriage is such a blessing, but at the same time, it's so scary! Especially for the parents. I heard my parents talking the other day and they said something like "we raise our kids, prepare them, just to see them being taken by another". It's so true. Our parents raise us to be good moral people, teach us what life has to offer so that when we finally get married and enter another household, we will be ready to take on what the world has to offer.

It's an occasion that is happy and sad at the same time for your parents. They wait for this day for their child because of course they want to see them happy and finally settled with a good person. But at the same time, their child is being taken away from them. All those years they spent, loving, caring, nurturing and teaching ... will come to an end. But I guess it's a satisfying feeling to know that insha'Allah when they have their own family to raise, they can take the lessons from their parents and pass it down to their children. It's an ongoing cycle.

Personally, I hope to take everything my parents taught me and use it wisely in my future life. Eventhough I feel I have so much more to learn, I will do my best to continue seeking knowledge from them. There is no one like your parents masha'Allah.

11 Comments:

Blogger Asmaa said...

Assalaamu alaikum Squeeky,

Ahh summer weddings :)

You know, right when my mom gave birth to each of us, she started to think about our wedding days. It's a really joyous occasion for parents...

you're right though, it is pretty sad for parents to put so much effort into raising you, and then WAM you're gone. (which is why I plan to live with my parents forever >:)

But really, it's their duty as parents to raise us properly and find a good match for us. And, InshaAllah, when we become parents, we'll have the same duties. It's a test from Allah to see whether we will be grateful.

Thanks for the lovely update :D

Asmaa

6/21/2005 1:58 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Liam: hehe sowie for the lateness! haha But you're definitely right, to care for your elders is an even greater reward from Allah Swt and it is our job to look after them when we're older.

Asmaa: you don't understand how many weddings we're attending this summer! ahh I'm definitely going to be partied out.

6/21/2005 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that everyone knows someone getting married, but yet we all are not?!

(maybe coz if any one of us were getting married we would not have time to blog :)

nice post Rafia, update your blog regularly!

6/22/2005 8:32 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum Dodo!

Who are you?
haha Thanks so much and I'll do my bestest to update regularily ... I will try!

Everyone is getting married!! Masha'Allah of course :D

6/23/2005 1:46 AM  
Blogger AP said...

And then there's also this scenario: Teenage son who eats much of the food in the house, uses the most water and electricity and contributes nothing to the household income.

And then the father gets anxious to get him out of the house.

6/24/2005 12:49 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

ap: u just described last night's scenario hahaha weird. poor little bro

6/24/2005 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post mashallah..


*faints*

6/27/2005 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salams
Jazakallah for this post which reminds us of the dues we owe our parents for all they gave us, and I pray that we remain good to them even after marriage.
Wasalams

6/29/2005 4:47 AM  
Blogger dot said...

It's fun-e.. when I first glanced ar your picture, I thought it was from your wedding day. Most of the Pakistani/Indian brides ive seen like so..

7/03/2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was so touching. *tear*
I am going to remember all of that.

7/03/2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger Borges said...

Soni Banno Chand Si Chamke
Mathe Ute Jhumar Damke
Palka Uth Diya Ne Thum Thum Ke
Main Vari Vari Java

Tu Vekh Lai Aj Raj Ke
Apne Sariyan Nu
Cheti Apne Nahi Mil De
Ja Banno Pave Khushiyan Te Dil Dariyan Tu
Pave Armaan Sab Dil De

(Where the dhol at?)

7/05/2005 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker