Friday, December 09, 2005

It Is NOT a Winter Wonderland

Assalaamu Alaikum all my exam-writers,

Lucky bums who don't have to write any haha Anyhooz, I'm relaxed right now, because I just finished my second last exam of the semester. Alhamdulillah, wasn't so bad. But just studying for that exam was not a joyous event. Due to an essay that had to be submitted today, I lost valuable study time. Just had a day to study ... I know ... a day! But I did it, granted didn't sleep at all during the night but I did it. Okay fine, I slept for 20 mins but it just was not enough. I had my whole bus schedule times planned out for the morning so that I would arrive at York a half an hour earlier than my exam. What ends up happening is ... we have a little snow storm. Somebody please tell me why did it have to snow on the day of my exam?! I really wanted to give winter a chance this year, I really did. But from today's experience, I'm sorry, it's just not happening. Instead, winter reminded me why I dislike it so very much. We don't mesh well together, with all the brrring and all. Since my brother was grouchy this morning, I had to shovel the snow off the car ... it really gave my arms a workout ... *ouchies* But I quickly ran into the house because our neighbor let his hyper dog out and it was about to chase me .... stop chasing me!! I was one grouchy lady this morning, was not pretty.

Finally, we got rolling. Obviously the roads were horrible so there was a lot of build-up on the road. My exam was scheduled for 9am and I was still trying to get myself to the GO Station at 8:10am. By the time I reached the station, it was 8:30am and the bus came in at around 8:40am. Now, it usually takes 20 minutes to get to my university .... but since it was a snow day (yay snow! *cough*) I was delayed another half an hour. And not only that, I had to STAND on the bus! I hate standing on the bus! It's hard to study that way ... I almost knocked the guy down infront of me, it could have been a dominoes affect.

Whatever ... I was 20 minutes late for my exam but I was okay with it because it's a 3 hr exam and I knew I'd finish with it earlier ... which I did :D

I have yet to see an exam day where I'm actually happy .... still waiting .... almost a graduate but I shall still wait to see that day ... insha'Allah .... so many dot dot dots ....

P.S. = boooooo winter!

6 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Everyone seems to be having bus problems this year! I HATE standing omg I always feel like I'm going to fall! How did you ever study that way lol..
And it took me 40 minutes longer than usual to get to my teaching placement today - they should have just cancelled school!!!

P.S Good luck on your next exam!! Aww too bad you're still writing, I finished on Tues :D

12/10/2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

salaaaaaaaaammmmmmm

awwwwwwwwww...i hate standing on the bus too *scowls*....its soo embarasingggg...!!

Inshallah your exam went well, seeing as your soo happy, im sure it did!!....and good luck with your upcoming exams...atleast you get the christmas hols to chill..( right?)...my examz are in January..so hols=non-stop-studying for meh..:/....

Take Care..pass my salams to canada and that Mall *faints*

Wasalam xxx

12/10/2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Spongebob: What is this stuff? (when he sees snow)

Patrick: It's a vast, swirling wonderland of sparkling white pleasure. Let it fill your senses with cascading, fluffy pillows of excitement and comfort as you've never felt before. (this brings a tear to Sponge's eye)

Spongebob: Wow Pat, that was beautiful.

Patrick: What? I was just reading this candy bar wrapper, see? (he hands Sponge the wrapper. Sponge gasps)

12/10/2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I also had an exam on Friday and also had to go through the commuting hell to get there in time. I drove downtown from Mississauga... it wasn't fun but I made it on time.

Snowdays are great when you don't have exams or work to attend...

12/12/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

Remember that first snow storm we had a few weeks back?

I had a 1 hour exam that morning, and arrived half an hour late. Maybe that'd make you feel better about your predicament. :)

(btw.. I go to York too. The exam was 1 hour because it was for a language course)

12/15/2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I showed up 30 minute late for a one hour exam on International Business back in November... why did I show up late? There was an oilspill on the Gardiner Expressway and thus, they closed the highway! Daah... oh well, I finished the exam in 17 minutes.

12/17/2005 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker