Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Baker Has Returned

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I have finally set up my baking section and started baking :) Friday's will be my Baking Day but this week I will make some exceptions. I will be baking quite often this week it seems. It's a busy week! Eid is coming up, my fiance's birthday and my sister's birthday! And yes, I intend to bake for each occasion tee hee Let's see if I get the time or the patience. It should be fun, nonetheless! I'm looking forward to it.

I have always loved Chocolate Truffles. When I was a little girl, my mother used to make them and they were definitely my favourite, mmm mmm! So it had been a while since I had them and now I felt it was time I made them myself. I took a stab at it and it turned out pretty good! They taste much better the next day with this particular recipe. I'm still going to try out another recipe I stumbled upon. I think those will turn out better.

Chocolate Truffles in my new 3-Tier Stand


Up close and personal

The treat inside, oOo la la

And these were the toppings I had to work with


It was really cool making them. Especially when I had to dip it in white chocolate or milk chocolate and witness the shell harden. Simply amazing.
I got this recipe from Anna Olson's Sugar program. I was never one to watch the Food Network or cooking shows but for some reason, for the past few weeks, I've been watching them quite a bit! I love Sugar ... she makes yummy desserts in that show.

I need to decide on what I will baking this week and once I know and make them ... I shall post it here for all you wonderful people to see! Insha'Allah :) If I don't write a post before Eid ... then I will wish you all a very blessed Eid and may you all spend it with the ones you love!
Eid Mubarak!


P.S. - Here is a my adorable telephone



2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

YOU MAKE THE BESTEST & YUMMIEST DESSERTS EVER! And I love the phone... although that lamp that almost looked like a phone was nice too =)

Eid Mubarak Rafia!!

12/19/2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Sarah:
Aww you're so sweet! Thanks ;) There's more to come. haha I can see how you mistook that lamp as a phone haha

Eid Mubarak to you too dear

12/22/2007 2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker