Sunday, February 03, 2008

Course 1, Lesson 1

Assalaamu Alaikum :)


Description - Cake Decorating Class
Level - Course 1
Location - Michaels

It's true! I have finally enrolled in these classes! For the past 2 years I have been eager to join but it just was not meant to be .... until NOW! Another friend of mine really wanted to take these classes so we decided, it had to be done. It's every Sunday and there are 4 classes.

We had the first class and it was basically an Introductory class. Of course, I was late. My day wasn't really going too well and I left the house later than I wanted to. I missed the first 10 mins and that was when she was explaining the beginner points to Icing *hmph* Thank goodness for my friend who passed me her notes. It was just really strange because I have not been in a classroom in a really long time and the first thing I had to do was fill out a scantron! I'm like, why is this here? I started panicking because I couldn't remember how to fill one out! And I kept saying to myself, "make sure the circle is filled completely!" That was quite the experience. Anyhooz, our really cool instructor was showing us how to make the icing we will be bringing to class next week and how to cut, ice and smooth a cake. It was just amazing. Since I have baking experience, I was familiar with most of what she was doing ... except for making the icing. I only made icing once and that ... umm .. needed some practice. But I think I should be able to do this! The way she was showing us how to fill the cake with icing and covering the entire cake with the most SIMPLEST icing tip, was just amazing. I cannot tell you how giddy and excited I was throughout that 2 hour class and afterwards ... eeh!

We were told which supplies we will be needing for class. You spend the most money in the first course and then not so much later on. I thought I would hold off a bit and shop around for better deals. Bulk Barn has practically everything for less! There was this amazing carry case that includes everything you will ever need for cake decorating ... I am *very* tempted to purchase it!

Homework for Next Week:
We have to bake a cake at home, fill it with icing, cover it with icing and bring it to class along with separate containers with coloured icing so we can decorate.

Maybe I can take pictures of my process during this course ... I think that'd be nice. I'll just have to see how this month is for me. Baking every weekend, yay! So many get-togethers, baby showers ... I am ecstatic :D

So stay tuned for my up-coming adventures ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker