Thursday, August 23, 2007

...Basketball?

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I bought myself a PINK basketball the other day ....


I know, most people are thinking ... "uh, Squeeky's associating herself with sports?! Has the world gone crazy?!" Alright, calm down! It's no secret that I'm not a sporty person. The last time I participated in any sport was during highschool gym class. Not that I don't like sports, I do, but I'd rather be there watching the sport live rather than sitting at home in front of a television set. As for playing ... hmm, never got into it, I suppose.

So, why did I suddenly buy myself a basketball? Because of my fiance. He's a "baller" and participates in basketball tournaments. He says he's good but I guess I'll have to judge that for myself tee hee Well, he convinced me to start practicing so we can play a game together ... eep. I suppose I'm in for A LOT of practicing! But it's still not fair! He's got quite the height advantage over me :( I don't stand a chance against him. I'm only 5' and he's 6'3 ... he could step on me if he wanted to! *sigh* I'll just have to act like a mouse then ... scurrying around ... I'll be too quick for him!

I guess I'll go 'shoot some hoops' before I head to the gyme ... wish me luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger Umar said...

that story is very cute.
i wish i could do these kind of fun things with my fiancee but she's halfway around the world.

hey, you know i actually know salman from the few times i've bumped into him at scott religious center (plus i think a few times at nugget and/or markham masjid)

8/24/2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger Malaika said...

heh dont worry you'll learn...i know some really short people who play on provicial levels thoso too girls! best of luck!

8/25/2007 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being engaged! (and that to a 6 foot 3 inch tall guy MashAllah :)

8/26/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Haha... cute... I'm sure this should make for a competitive game. :)

8/27/2007 9:13 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Sarah:
haha Oh trust me, I definitely will! :D You need to do the same to your fiance! We gotta have a match haha
Umar:
Aww ... insha'Allah soon you'll be able to enjoy those moments! Umar, when are you getting married?! Oh and yes, he told me that he's seen you around York sometimes, aww that's nice!
Malaika
hehe Thanks for having so much faith in me!
Anon:
aww jazaakAllahu khairaa!
Nauman:
You know I'd win, of course :)

-----

I've been practicing and it's been going real well actually! My dad saw me playing outside and he joined me ... awww

8/28/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

I will now join in and say, very very cute :) MashaAllah.

9/05/2007 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker