Saturday, May 12, 2007

Home sweet Home

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

My parents have been discussing the possibility of moving. This discussion has been going on for quite a while but when your mother tells you that your father wants everyone to start to pack things up in the house ... you know it's serious. I ... don't ... want ... to ... move! The house I currently live in is small and cute. That's how I like to describe it. It's not a big house where everyone would be all "oooh"ing and "aah"ing. Alhamdulillah, so far, it's been perfect for my little family. I suppose my family has come to a point where it is growing/will be growing and a bigger space would just be better for us. I mean, I have literally grown up in this house. It will be about 20 years .... 20 years?! Oh my goodness ... that depresses me even more. I'll be 24 in a matter of weeks insha'Allah and knowing that I spent so much of my life in this house, it will be so sad to move away ....

I don't work well with change at all. I can't help it. I always imagined that when I would move from here, it would be when I leave my home to go to my hubby's. And to be perfectly honest, that is what I prefer. I don't want to move to a new house that I will be living in temporarily. Everyone says it would be better that way because the attachment would wear off and all my belongings could be kept in boxes and ready to go when the time is to come haha I gotta admit, it makes sense. I am very attached to my house. Everything about it. There are just so many beautiful memories here and I looove the location of where I am. My work is about 7 minutes away from me, how amazing is that? Oh and my room ... do not get me started on my room :( I'm going to start crying. Now *that* is my sanctuary hehe It's my space. I can't imagine leaving it for something else *sigh* It would be nice to have a bay window in there though ...

We have even looked at a couple of houses already *sigh* Actually, my parents went to look at more houses without me because I was causing such a fuss. As a matter of fact, we will be leaving soon to look at more houses *sigh* (yes, I know I'm sighing a lot but that's how I'm feeling!) Then again, I should check these places out. I know I am going to be super picky! Right now, I am definitely not going to be looking for my 'dream house' because that is what I will be wanting for my own family, insha'Allah.

Moving is a big deal and I know whenever it happens, I will not take it well. I will probably go into hysterics haha Oh dear, now that is a sight no one should be subjected to. I just pray that we find that perfect house and move in happily. I feel it would be good for my family. It is a bit exciting when I imagine being somewhere completely different ... but when I really begin to think about it ... there is no place like home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Asmaa said...

I know how you feel. Giving up a home, or anything else that you've had for so long is hard. There is a history to everything we own, and everywhere we spend time. Giving up those things and places makes us feel like we're giving up those stories, too.

But then, life is about growing and moving on to new things, as hard as that may be sometimes. And hey, the newer things may turn out even better - your opportunity to make new memories :)

5/12/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Inshallah, on to bigger and better things... a new house may just be that and is a nice change.

5/13/2007 1:41 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Asmaa:
Why are you trying to make me feel better? *grr* I don't wanna move! hehe But I understand, and I'm all for making new memories.
Nauman:
Insha'Allah.

5/18/2007 6:21 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Aww you don't have to wait for your "dream" house to be the one with hubby. Why can't you have two dream houses? Don't just wait for him! House shopping is exciting, I love going to model homes, they're so pretty!!

Are you guys planning to stay in Brampton? You're not leaving the country are you?!

5/25/2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

'liya:
I don't want two dream houses, just one that I will share with my own family, insha'Allah.

hehe No, I'm not a 'leaving the country' kind of girl ... we'll be in the same area :)

5/28/2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker