Sunday, July 17, 2005

Muslim Day @ Canada's Wonderland!

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Wow ... what an absolutely lovely day! It was Muslim Day at Canada's Wonderland ... as you may have most likely read from the title of this entry. It was a great day but the drizzling rain kind of ruined it :( I was using the park guide as my umbrella but the poor thing didn't last very long. I sat on a few rides, as much as I could. I just feel oh so sorry for the people who sit around me during the ride becuz I scream like there is no tomorrow! It's true ... and very bad. For instance, one of the rides I went on was called The Sledgehammer. I screamed like a crazy person and at the end when we were about to get off, this little girl openly asks, "who was screaming like a girl?!" haha My sister pointed at me and she was like "oh hehe" and then later started chanting "ohhh my ears, my ears!" haha Aww sowie little girl!

I would say, my most favourite part was when we entered the "Muslim Bazaar". I don't know why but I was not expecting that! Eventhough it was Muslim Day and obviously there would be stalls with clothing, hijabs and halal food. But we entered and I was just awestuck. Everywhere you looked, were hijabi's, niqabi's and just well dressed individuals masha'Allah! When you're coming from places with people who parade around with barely nothing covering them on their bodies (istaghfir'Allah, so bad on the eyes), it was refreshing to see people covered! Masha'Allah! The atmosphere just immediately changed. My sister and I agreed that it resembled the experience of when we would walk around in Medina shopping outside of the haram *happy sigh* There was an area for the men and women to pray their salaah, it was so nice to see. Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves! I certainly was. Especially during the concert that was held. They started it off so beautifully with the Qur'anic recitation and performers from Turkey. Finally, the long awaited act by Raihan began. I was getting giddy teehehe They sounded incredible masha'Allah! It was a definite must-see.

Eventhough I went with family, I did run into many people that I recognized. It was so nice seeing them! And again, I saw an Islamican that I had recently met ... her username is "cricketgal" and she's visiting from London *faint* .... It was great meeting you again, hun! I had a cute encounter also, during the Raihan concert. A little girl who was sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder. I had no idea who she was. But she was telling me that she had recognized me from some party a while ago. After a while of explaining, I finally understood which party she was talking about! I thought it was soo cute that she actually remembered me from there! Masha'Allah, she was a doll.

I've been working on a "hijab project" of mine this summer. Stitching pretty beads to the inner piece of my hijab. Well I wore one of them today and a lot of people seemed to like it a lot! Aww I felt special :D My sister says I should make more and sell them on eBay ... *looks off into the distance* Insha'Allah ... we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure some other crazy stuff happened today ... I'm too tired to think. I hope everyone out there is doing great! Take care and have a grrreat week!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

assalam-u-alaikum squeeky :)
mashallah seems like you had a great time, yeah isn't it a pleasure to the eyes to see people dressed in a similar way as you....i kinda miss that :(
you met cricketgal! awesome....she's the two c's (cute and cool)
and wow what creativity, beads! lol i do that too, sometimes on my own dresses :P
weekend's ok (finished harry potter last night) and today is laundry day....hmmmpphh....
take care and have a great day inshallah :)

7/17/2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger Bushra said...

ok so now im like pretty sure i saw you. but i wasnt sure. you had a blue hijab and umm i think you were sitting like one row behind us in the concert.. and then we had to leave..

and then i saw you again talking to paksfinest and hydrofyed inside the tent i think.. was that you? :confused:

7/17/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Assalaamu alaikum

Haha I can imagine you screaming with your squeeky voice. Poor surrounding riders!

I went on the sledgehammer yesterday too, it was amazing fun. The best part was seeing this fully-abaya'd woman riding the sledgehammer with her fully-bearded husband. It was pretty cute. Lol.

The weather yesterday was very uncooperative. I felt like a soggy cookie all day :D Oh well, it was still fun Alhamdulillah.

What was your favourite ride?

7/17/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger elysium said...

salaam ya squeeky

ahh i posted this on islamica but i figured that wasn't appropriate :)

i think i saw you at vunderland yesterday. at a foodcourtish place, avec la familia - odd because i only know PART of what your face MIGHT look like.
ha! might. so I guess thats where niqabs come in handy.

but then again i may be hallucinating.

keep on squeeking.

7/17/2005 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SALAAAAAAAAAAM

omg how heavy was wonderland!! *faints..only to un-faint to say...*...your hijab looked wikedly cool..*faints agen*...mashallahhhhhhh....

yeh my bro told me on the rides that i was screaming like a sheep..lol..you know the annoying..'brrrrrr'...so then on that standing up ride i decided tah do a full on wail...haha...was funny til i realised i was the only one screaming on that ride..*blush*...

So anywasy....it was soooooooo kool meeting you again...tomoroow i go back *sob*

Salam Madia..i aint that cool...lol...*blush*...you're the two big C's..cuter and cooler....

okies...wasalam :D

7/18/2005 12:19 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

aww I'm so excited! haha

Madia:
Thanks for your cute comment, hun! And I agree, cricketgal is too adorable *faint* masha'Allah. It would have been nice if you could have came too, insha'Allah one day we'll make a plan!
Bushra:
Awww yes! I think you did see me! haha That is soo weird. Oh, you left during the concert? I remember girls leaving ... aww, were you one of them? darn!
Asmaa:
I know, it was sooo cute masha'Allah. Seeing all the young Muslim couples, too adorable. And my fave ride, it's gotta be The Bat and Clockworks ... aww I just wuv it!
Elysium:
haha Are you sure it was me? Though your description sounds accurate, I was at one point sitting in a food court area having funnel cake hehe You gotta tell me what I was wearing!! :D
Cricketgal:
That sounds HILARIOUS! haha man, we should have sat on a ride together! We would have drove everyone insane haha Well, I'll pray that you have a safe trip back insha'Allah. I'll miss you :(

7/18/2005 1:07 AM  
Blogger elysium said...

yes and then it was about to rain and you all moved away somewhere, while I was buying my sister some cotton candy. hmm, I think the color being worn was something brownish, like GHEE? :)

7/18/2005 4:59 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Elysium:
Nooooo ... that wasnt me then :( aww how sad, i didnt wear anything 'brownish'

7/18/2005 5:59 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

You know what is sad? How elysium compared the colour to GHEE. Blech. LOL.

7/18/2005 8:10 PM  
Blogger elysium said...

i don't remember colors too well.
all i recall is the TOP half of the facial profile matched.
maybe your face was ghee colored.
hmm hmm.

and yes asmaa, ghee is good. sometimes. heh. :)

7/18/2005 9:16 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Asmaa:
hahaha I noticed! Interesting comparison there .....
Elysium:
Hmm ... maybe my face was ghee coloured? I don't know how to take that haha If you can remember who I was with ... then maybe we can get to the bottom of this! :D

7/19/2005 12:26 AM  
Blogger elysium said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/19/2005 8:38 PM  
Blogger elysium said...

squeeky, it was between 16:50 to 16:55 ( according to pictures I took around then ) :-) and I saw a bearded man. and some other people including ladies and what I thought looked like the hallucination -- sitting around a table, but they were all just about to get up. because by 1700 the table was empty!

7/19/2005 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker