Friday, December 23, 2005

Candy Canes and Chocolate *yum*

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I hope everyone is well insha'Allah! Well it is finally done ... I made that cake for my sister's birthday which was yesterday. I originally had seen it in a Kraft's magazine and wanted to make it the second I laid eyes on it. When my sister was with me one day, we both saw that same magazine with the cake in a commercial and she agreed that it looked delicious! So that got me thinking. Her birthday is coming up and she's really difficult to shop for haha why not just make her a cake? Lovely idea, no? It was a hassle to make this cake though. It's called Candy Cane Chocolate Cake ... and crushing those candy canes was such a difficult job! I think my little hands are all bruised up now :( It was worth it though haha My sister arrived at my house earlier than planned and my cake was not completed yet! So I yelled and screamed telling her she is not allowed to step foot into the kitchen muahaha

Chocolate Candy Cane from the outside ...
Cake from the outside
Chocolate Candy Cane from the inside! aww
And a peak of the inside!
I finally finished it. Took a while to decorate it with each little piece of crushed candy cane but I did it! And alhamdulillah, it was oh so yummy :)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did u save some for me ? Mereku bhi hona

12/23/2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

MMMmmmm that looks so good!! :D

12/23/2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

That cake looks crazy.

What's even more crazy, however, is that you took a picture of it before and then after you took a slice out. That gave me a good laugh :D

12/24/2005 12:11 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Saher:
Aww! "mereku"!! aww it's so nice to hear hydro urdu ... hehe sowie, there's some in the fridge, I'll give you some!
'Liya:
Thank youuuu :D
Asmaa:
haha You should have seen everyone's expression. My cake reminded me of Waldo from "Where's Waldo?"

12/24/2005 1:23 AM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

very neatly cut

12/24/2005 2:23 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Normally, I don't like cakes except for a select few... but I must admit, that cake looks good.

12/25/2005 1:32 AM  
Blogger mayya said...

Oh my God!!! Squeeky thats a piece of art!!!!!!! Wow!

12/26/2005 1:39 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Squeeks, you should be honoured by Nauman's approval. His good opinion is rarely bestowed :)

12/26/2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Borges said...

Looks tooo good to eat (almost). Hope it was good :-)

12/26/2005 8:05 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Nabeel:
haha why, thank you!
Nauman:
....you, don't like cake? ahh! And as Asmaa suggested, I am quite honoured by the approval. I honestly think the cake looks weird but thank you for liking it :D I just need to make cookies now!
Mayya:
nooo it doesn't! aww thank you so much hun! don't have anymore to give to anyone :(
Abdul-Rahim
haha Thank you so much. I tried my bestest.

12/26/2005 10:53 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I like a select few when it comes cakes. My favourite type is Cherry or Strawberry Cheesecake. I just had some. I feel content now. :)

I love cookies... :D

12/27/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Nauman:
oOoOo guess what?! I'm making Strawberry Cheesecake again this coming weekend insha'Allah for a party! I'll definitely put a pic of that.

12/27/2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Putting a picture of that will make me salivate and force me to walk to my fridge and eat the rest of what's left of the cheesecake that my mom made this past weekend. :)

12/27/2005 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker