Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Am Revived!

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil-alameen
I attended the Reviving the Islamic Spirit conference this past weekend and I must say, it really did it's job by reviving my spirit. Subhana'Allah ... I feel we are so blessed to have events like this right at home. And it felt even more great to see the amount of people who were present, for the same purpose as I was, to feel good about being a Muslim. Alhamdulillah! I wasn't able to go on Friday because I was invited to a friend's wedding. Masha'Allah it was beautiful, may Allah Swt shower their marriage with many many blessings, ameen. I heard that day was amazing and that Ms Shabazz was definitely not to be missed. But I was able to attend the lectures that I was looking forward to (except one) so it's completely alright. I'm quite happy.
Dr. Zakir Naik is one of my favourits. I get so giddy when I listen to his lectures haha I was quite impressed with the way he handled the questions that were being asked of him during the Q&A session. I really wish I could regurgitate everything he said because it was definitely remarkable. One of the young men asked a question concerning the divisions in Islam, mentioning the feuds with Shia and Sunni. And all Dr. Zakir Naik had to say was there is no such division in the Qur'an. And he further went to ask, "what was our Prophet (peace be upon him)?" It saddens me to see such things happening within our Ummah. And my du'as are that we really do understand what needs to be focused on here. Believe in Allah Swt, believe in Allah's Word, the Holy Qur'an and believe in the last Prophet and Messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) and hadith. Subhana'Allah, our community can do wonders if we just put aside the differences. May Allah Swt grant us all hidayah ....
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Imam Zaid Shakir were also brilliant! These speakers, they have such a gift of getting the message across to the listeners. And I thank them from the bottom of my heart to spend time in inspiring ourselves to become better and to make a difference. I also enjoy listening to Shaykh Sulaiman Mulla because he really keeps you captivated with the message he is trying to convey. It was the first time I heard Shaykh Riyadh Ul Haq speak and I found it to be quite interesting! His topic on being selfless was masha'Allah well done. He spoke of Ibrahim (alaihe salam) and that his whole life was sacrifing in the name of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala. I love lectures that really make you think! On the 3rd day of the conference, last part was hosted by a man named Moez Masoud. I really wish he was given some time to lecture on a topic because he was just incredible. I think it was the amount of love and passion he put into his words when speaking of Allah Swt and the Qur'anic verses that really moved me. Wow. Apparently, he is from Cairo and has his own show. I wish I could see what it's all about it! hehe
Anyways, all in all, it was just great this year and I am so thankful that I was able to make it. I really miss it :( Insha'Allah those who were not able to attend RIS 2005 ... will be given the opportunity next year! I met with a lot of wonderful people, can't forget to mention that teehehe Such lovely sister's whom I do hope to see again in the near future insha'Allah. It was great to be with people who were just as interested in learning more about the Deen.
Definitely a memorable weekend :) And now I can focus on my goals for the holidays! I'm back into my Qur'an readings alhamdulillah and will keep up with that and studying hadiths. I want to work on my tajweed so I hope my aunt has some time for me hehe May Allah Swt bless my efforts, ameen.
P.S. = Hapy Birthday Weebzie!!

12 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Don't you love the way Zakir Naik talks? Quoting everything verse and line from so many books not just the Quran .. I don't know how it's possible to remember so much! Oh and I like his lisp :D (He has one right? I'm not just imagining this?)

12/27/2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Liya:
hahaha I don't really know if he has a lisp, but he definitely has an accent! I remember the first time I heard him, I could not understand a word he said! You know what impressed me? That school they he has opened, where the children get a balance of both worlds, masha'Allah!! I want my kids to go there *sigh*

And why won't my paragraphs separate on my blog?! grr

12/27/2005 11:12 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

please, don't take any offence... but with all that text in pink, it really hurts my eyes. I'm sure it was a nice post and you gained a lot from the conference.. but with the strain on my eyes, i cant read past the title.

:P

12/28/2005 12:10 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Umar:
The only thing that offended me was that you called my purple font pink *cries*

12/28/2005 12:24 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

looks more like hot pink to me

12/28/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Salikah said...

Assalamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullah,

For all the hating on RIS on so many blogs (not yours, alhamdulillah), RIS always makes one feel like they're in a Muslim country...it's nice.

Our deen teaches us to take the good from everything...so I say we take the good, and make du'a that Allah forgive us all our shortcomings. I wonder if many of the people that launch criticism after criticism at RIS and speculate about the people organizing it, have looked into their hearts to see if there's any pride, arrogance, or looking down upon others to be found there in place of sincerity and love...

Shaykh Hamza, Imam Zaid, Sh. Adhami, Sh. Riad ul-Haqq, and Sh. Sulayman Mulla were awesome....Sh. Bin Bayyah was beautiful masha'Allah. If we can just pay heed to their words and implement change in our lives, insha'Allah, the conference -- shortcomings and all -- is well worth it.

Picked up a few books, cds, and hijabs too, alhamdulillah ;)

Wassalam,
Salikah

12/29/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Kababo:
That's for making an appearance! yeesh :) I hope you got home safely insha'Allah! And yes, it was a pretty good weekend :D
Umar:
Ahh! Okay you know what, some day in the future, I will leave the PURPLE for a bit ... we'll see how that goes.
Salika:
Aww you were at RIS? That's great and I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for visiting and I do understand and agree with what you are saying. No matter what it is that I'm attending, I do my best to incorporate it with Islam and what it is expected of me. You just need the main points to elaborate on and do better for yourself. Insha'Allah if we have the right intentions, we will be blessed.

12/29/2005 11:08 PM  
Blogger Yaseen said...

Salaams,

It was indeed a great conference and sad to see it end. I think I saw you at the bazaar but I didnt want to approach you and say "member me?" :S

I was at the soundvision booth working hard!

See you next time insh!

- Yaseen

12/30/2005 1:27 AM  
Blogger mayya said...

heh, squeeky guys are color blind! :D

Amazingly written post mashAllah :)
and I really admire Dr. Zakir Naik, for one he doesn't scare you out away from Islam like many of the molvis here in Pakistan do

12/30/2005 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Rafoo Baji! You should tell me to read your blog! Haha coz I never read blogs but I can't sleep so decided to. Thanks for the birthday wish *blush*. Your friend Umar is in my program =o!

12/31/2005 1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalam-oAlaikum!

Dr.Zakir Naik is just brilliant! I would love to watch his program live...
I watched Dr.Campbell and his program and Dr.Campbell was left dumbfounded (No offence to him...hehe)

12/31/2005 6:26 AM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

awwwwww so glad it revived!!...i really really wished i cudav gone last year..i was so depresed about not being able to go..and then this year i was like *omg its that time of year againnnnn* so i went online to watch the trailer..hahaha...thats my RIS experience, but inshallah the year after next, when i finish college, ima try and come speshuly to RIS...i dont caree how colddd it isss....the barakah there is more worthy!!...and ima hold you to introducing me to all the islamicans!!! *look*...

Mwahzzzzz
CG

1/05/2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker