Thursday, July 28, 2005

Chee-Town Hydro Craziness

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Well, I have returned from Chicago. It was actually a really nice trip! My trips there usually end up weird, not going to get into that but this one was quite nice. We initially went for a relative's anniversary/2 graduation parties all in one! And I must say, it was one entertaining party haha I got the chance to hang out with my cousin's which was real nice alhamdulillah. May Allah Swt always bless them.

Anyways, so many crazy things happened in that one visit haha The ride there was good. There was one freaky part when somehow a moth got into the car! It was fluttering around my brother and for a change, he started screeching! haha And I was screaming, trying to cover myself with a blanket. Oh my, it was just chaotic. Eventually, it got sucked outside through the window *phew* We arrived at my cousin's house and I finally got the chance to meet their almost one year old son Ayaan or as I call him "ayoo" aww masha'Allah, he has got the most adorable smile, it's sooo wide, showing off one little tooth ... aww! My brother was told to park the car in my cousoin's driveway because my dad had parked it in the one beside it, someone else's. But I guess my brother didn't hear so he left the car there all night. The next day, I go outside to get something from the car ... the car is not there. I figured maybe someone put the car in the garage. I went to ask my cousin and he goes "no ... what are you talking about ...." haha He started to get scared. He ran outside and he's like "Where did your brother park the car?!" We found out that the car got towed away :o Now, this is something that cannot be told to my father. He has a short temper and if he found out, someone would have gotten into trouble, uh oh spaghettios! So my brother and cousin ran out to find out where the car is, alhamdulillah they found it and brought it home. Though brother-dearest was not thrilled with the price he had to pay.

I'll just write about the highlight of my trip. It was too weird. There is a wedding coming up in Chicago that my family recently got invited to. My dad found out that one of his classmates resides in Chicago so they invited us to his daughter's wedding. Well, since we were in Chicago, they invited us over to their house. We arrived there, a very beautiful home masha'Allah and we all settled inside in the living room. I wanted to meet the girl getting married and just then she came and sat with us. The first thing she tells me is, "you look familiar". Oh my, now whenever someone says that to me, I just know that they've seen me on Islamica or even Naseeb *gasp* And as it turns out, she's seen me on both! It was Smuggler! awwwww I was so shocked because we both kept in touch for little bit, I was trying to give her some ideas for her wedding. Now the statement "all hydros (hyderabadi's) know each other somehow" is very valid haha Masha'Allah she is such a sweet girl! She also told her brother who is on the site as well. My goodness, both of them were treating me as if I was some sort of superstar! *blush* They're like "We have a famous person in our house!" aww! Later on, she took me to her bedroom so we could have a hijab session teehehe She wanted to know how I wore my hijab so I showed her. I thought it was real nice, lots of fun too! Anyway, that's the story. We took some pics, including Mr Toodles (cutie stuffed doggie) ... she was shocked that I actually brought him along to Chicago! I'm kinda confused myself too as to why ... I'm a weirdo.

Amazing ... how our dad's knew each other from their school days. And now, their daughter's are friends without even knowing the connection! That's hyderabadi's for you haha Smuggler, I'm so sorry that I can't make it to your wedding but do know that my du'as are with you and your fiance, may Allah Swt bless you both, bless your home and bless your offspring insha'Allah!
*muah*

5 Comments:

Blogger Raja Pakistani said...

Lol, was EVERYBODY in Chi-town last week!?

7/30/2005 12:40 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Liam: haha yes definitely, thank you! And I hope you have been well yourself insha'Allah :)

Rooqster: oh my goodness, I think that weekend was a busy one for everyone

7/30/2005 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naseeb?!...like why?

Wud u not find it strange if ur hubby was on a marriage site like naseeb, chatting wit ppl & all?

I wud not like that personally in my significant other so I don't do that.

Hey btw I think I've seen you too!! :)

Were u volunteering for a Forum for Social Studies Dawah conference at OISE (the food stand)maybe 1-2 yrs ago.

7/30/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

It all depends on your intention in going on naseeb. My purpose wasn't to find 'a signicant other' so i never saw that site as a matrimonial one. When I used to be on naseeb, there used to be AMAZING JOURNALS on Islamic knowledge and I met a lot of SISTER's who were really into their deen masha'Allah. Now, I really don't think my hubby would mind that :D

But sowie, I don't think it was me you saw! I've never volunteered there.

Take care and thanks for droppin by!

7/30/2005 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saalllllaaaaaaam

Awwwwwwww goood to no u had a gooood timeeeee......

Hope all else is going great inshallahhhhh!!!!!!!

Mwahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Luv ya

8/04/2005 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker