Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bowling with the Young

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

We took the students to the Bowling Alley as a part of their physical education. I just could not help wonder: "how would it be like to bowl with 4-5 year olds?" It was more fun than I thought! I figured it would be a lot of work because when I can barely hold the bowling ball myself ... how can the children?! Oh, but they managed well and some even bowled better than me.

It had been about few years since the last time I went bowling and forgot how much fun it can be. Whenever I did go, I could never get more than one strike. I would get one strike and then I would try and try and try but ... no more :( I broke my own record today ... THREE strikes! Weeeee! I was so happy with myself haha And the best part about going bowling wtih your Kindergarten class is that they become your personal cheering section tee hee Whenever it was my turn, the girls would chant: Go Sister R! Go Sister R! .... awwww ... I felt so special.

I did have an embarrasing moment though. Actually, it wasn't so embarrasing only because I tend to do this now and then. I went a little further into the lane to pick up a ball that one of my students threw very slowly ... as I went to pick it up ... I slipped and fell :S It was a hard fall too! I had no idea the lane would be so oily! Once we returned to the school, the older boys found out that I fell and just could not get enough of it *sigh* I'm going to be hearing about this for the rest of the term. It doesn't matter ... I got THREE strikes so it was worth it!

I just have to add that this morning was the most beautiful winter morning I had ever witnessed. Subhana'Allah. I am not a fan of winter and I am not a fan of snow but when it was falling today, mainly in clusters ... the white surrounding my street just looked so stunning. I was in awe ... my camera could not capture the beauty.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed said...

Its snowing and cold and.....your van's back window is open?

2/23/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

That first picture is so adorable!

And snow really is beautiful until you have to walk in it. Hehe, I love seeing those little crystal shapes in the snowflakes. It's amazing.

That being said, I can't wait for spring!

2/24/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Ahmed:
hehe that's my brother for ya
Asmaa:
I am just as eager for Spring's arrival. I have had enough of all this snow! Why? SNOW PANTS!! I *hate* snow pants ... I think I'll write an entry about that ... *shudder*

2/25/2007 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heey Its been a while!

You musta really hated the snow storm today! I had to wait about 50 minutes for the TTC to come today. Not fun..

Nice to hear your bowling went well.

-Mobeen

3/01/2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

lol.. I noticed the window was open too...

:S

3/05/2007 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaams,

Heard about this and thought it might be beneficial for your students.

The Toronto Star is holding a short story contest for kids 15 and younger, class assignments are also allowed. The winners get a prize pack and $100

For more details see the link and contact T.O. Star:

http://www.thestar.com/Life/article/168591

3/09/2007 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamu alaykum :)

The post about children bowling and ending with a snowy morning really put an extra colour in the rainbow :)

Lovely, natural and normal writing :)

Fi'amanAllah :)

3/19/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker