Saturday, February 23, 2008

Course 1, Lesson 3

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I had my 3rd class last Sunday and it was just too much fun! NOT as stressful with the last class because this time ... I came prepared! I did feel a bit rushed because I had to decorate my cake while we were taught new techniques at the same time because I had to leave right after class to visit my cousin. She bought a new house with her hubby and it is so beautiful, masha'Allah! I was glad there was another excuse for me to take my cake somewhere ... don't have to worry about leftovers!

Our lesson today was to create clowns. I did a practice run at home and it was pretty simple to do. We were to buy Clown Heads and place them on top of the body. The clowns without heads looked pretty creepy ....



I tried to do a Brush Stripe effect in the icing. It was my first time trying it so it didn't turn out as great as I was hoping but hey, close enough!

Placed the heads on the clowns and added some roses and balloons! We continued to practice the Wilton Rose so I thought I would accompany the clowns with them :)

I had to complete the cake when I got home and brought it to my cousins ... ta da!

"If you should die ... before you wake ... *evil laughter*"
- The Simpsons: Bart's Clown Bed

I couldn't believe how easy these classes were. It's only been a few classes and I feel like I have leared so much. I love it, alhamdulillah hehe This particular cake was a lot of fun. Now I'm waiting for a kid's birthday party so that I can provide them with a fun cake like this :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, great talent. love the roses !

2/27/2008 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker