Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Struggles of Today

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I pray that everyone is in great health and Imaan insha'Allah!

Just thought I would quickly write what I had the pleasure of observing today. I was on my way to my friend's manjai today but Asr salaah time occured so we stopped by the nearest masjid, Nugget. And to our lovely surprise, after salaah, there was a young man who took the Shahadah! Oh masha'Allah, that just made me incredibly happy :D Yes, like that! haha A new Muslim among us. It was the first time I had heard anything like that and I can't express the joy my mother and I were experiencing at that time.

It just made me think. Unfortunately, the time right now is such a struggle for Muslims everywhere. Being accused of heinous acts that obviously we all know Islam DOES NOT encourage in this beautiful Deen of ours. The media seems to be another form of Shaytaan, brainwashing so many to think that the Muslims are the enemy, na'udhubillah. But after all that, you really have to admire how we deal with this. We don't give in to what they say, instead, all this makes us stronger alhamdulillah and insha'Allah it will strengthen our Ummah and make it one. Aww wouldn't that be just wonderful? Anyhoo, we should know that there are still people out there who are doing their best to know what Islam is really about and that was exactly what that young man did. Allah Swt guides whom He (Swt) wills and He has. My du'a for him is that insha'Allah this new life of his will only lead him to good, may Allah Swt always and forever keep him on Sirat-ul-Mustaqeem and help better this world of ours, ameen.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vat's a manjai?

7/31/2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum!

Asmaa:
haha why are you laughing at Nuggest Masjid?! Hey btw, do you know where the hijab store went that used to be beside it? I'm seriously going to cry, that was the best hijab store I had ever been to ....
Vat Vat guy:
hahahaha awww a manjai is a party that is for the bride. It's small, just with her friends and family. Usually it gives the aunties a chance to do "rasams", like present her with gifts and put flowers on her. While the girlies sit and ATTEMPT to sing with a dhol hahaha that was a great night ...
Rehan:
aww thanks for droppin by! I feel so special now *sigh* haha

8/01/2005 1:44 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Hijab Fashions - truly one of the best hijab stores around. I think it moved to a neighbouring building :D

8/02/2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Asmaa:
noooo ... it moved?! but someone told me it was still there ... *grr on that someone*!
I'm gonna give them a call

Thanks!

8/02/2005 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Correct me if I'm wrong but the proper function & reason for a hijab (including the head covering part of the hijab) is to cover up oneself & not to attract others towards you. So does not fashionable hijabs, putting beads, bright colors, etc
defeat the purpose?!

8/03/2005 1:03 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum Dodo!

Yes, you are correct. One shouldn't attract more attention to oneself. As for the beaded band, I don't wear those on a daily basis, only at wedding funtions. And the ones I go to are always segregated. I'm the kinda person who once the hijab is worn, too lazy to take it off. So I thought it would look like nice to match at the same time.

But I'm definitely not sliding your point, and insha'Allah I will work on that. Thank you :D

8/03/2005 1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

assalam-u-alaikum,

Allah-u-Akbar:)
Subhanallah, truth always prevails, truly a beautiful moment,
Ameen to the dua'

8/03/2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Steve:
You're comment was well appreciated! Thank you so very much for taking out the time :D
Madia:
JazaakAllahu khairaa hun!

8/03/2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Oh hey I went to Hijab Fashions today. It's still right beside the mosque, but in the building next to the one it was in before - right next to it. You'll find it :)

8/03/2005 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not mean you specifically Squeeky. I mean in general I hear ppl talk abt Hijabs in a fashion sense, which always got me thinking...

I've never been to a segregated wedding. So what exactly happens in the nikah process on both sides...
The usual desi weddings got both the bride & groom sitting together once they are married, so does this mean the groom will not see the bride at all in the duration of the wedding if its segregated?!?!...

8/03/2005 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker