Sunday, April 09, 2006

Almost Over ...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

How are the exams coming along, my lovely blog readers who are in Uni ...? Insha'Allah they will all go well. As for myself, alhamdulillah, the year is over. Which at one point would have told me that school is out forever but events seem to change with me last minute. Apparently, I am missing some credits so I will not be able to graduate in June, but in October, insha'Allah. That is, if I get into the summer course that I want. I'm sure I can make it happen :) I was a little disappointed that I would not be able to experience that June convocation but I am okay with it now. You just need to watch what you wish for sometimes haha I didn't want to leave York, now York doesn't want me to leave! I have never taken summer school before except for last summer, but it was an evening course (which I never take either). I found that to be such a different experience from the daily daytime York life. I liked it, actually. Now this summer, I have the opporunity to experience York in the summer time, during the day! I'm very excited because I think our campus looks absolutely beautiful in the summer time and whenever I'm in school during the year, it is always at the time when Fall begins and Winter rolls in. So no greenery and pretty flowers :( I just really need to focus on getting into the course I want. I'm on a waiting list but it is not necessary that I may get in so I'll just resort to Plan B. Get into a class that is for the whole summer instead of a couple of months. However, I would appreciate du'as to get me into my preferred option :D JazaakAllahu khairaa!!

That, is my academic situation at the moment. There is so much to look forward to for the summer. My cousin who lives in New Jersey is finally coming home to visit! She has not been in Canada for a few years now and we are all excited to see her as well as her adorable little girls, insha'Allah. I think that is the only thing I am truly looking forward to for the summer. Her girls are so cute masha'Allah ... it makes me sad that I cannot be a part of their daily lives *sigh*

As for my Uloom courses, they are going amazingly. I love them to bits. We have been discussing the importance of parents quite a bit in class. It is is so frightening the punishments one will receive if they are disobedient to their parents, especially when they are in their old age. Your parents are blessings to you, they have been there for you through all the bad times ... moments that you yourself are not even aware of. Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala commands not to associate partners with Him (swt) and the next sin is to be disobedient to your parents. It is your mother that deserves to be treated with love, care and respect because she spent 9 months of her life, carrying you ... taking care of you ... experiencing such pain, just to bring you into this world and raise you into a good human being. After all, under her feet lies Jannah. Allow me to share a hadeeth :)

Mu'awiya b. Haida said:
"I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, towards whom should I be dutiful?' He said, 'Your mother.' I asked, 'Then towards whom?' He replied, 'Your mother.' Again I asked, 'Then towards whom?' He answered, 'Your mother.' I said, 'Then towards whom should I be dutiful?' He said, 'Your father, and then the next nearest relative and then the next nearest.' "
I love my mummy
Before I end this, I would like to share some of my flowers that I am eagerly waiting to bloom this summer. I hope they do, the package did say seasonal :/

My pretty flower


Orange-y rose

8 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Summer school is lots of fun and much more relaxed so I'm sure you'll enjoy.

I took my natural science course in the evening in summer first year and it was funny cause every day after lecture you go outside and you look to the sky to see what you just learned in class -- cause it was astronomy .. not because I was looking for a plane/bird or something.

Anyways you finished exams pretty early! take some time to sleep in before school again :D

4/09/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I've been taking summer courses for the last 9 years (5 university years, 4 high school years) and I find that they're much more fun than regular classes.

Enjoy your summer inshallah...

4/10/2006 2:01 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

What course are you trying to get into?

I'll be at York for the whole summer too.... but I'm not looking forward to it as much as you are.

4/10/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum!

Ahy:
teehehe ... I can imagine the excitement!! OMG!!! :)
'liya:
*sigh of relief* thanks hun, I'm going to look forward to summer school even more now (that is if I get in at all) I can't wait to take pictures of york in the summer, campus looks absolutely beautiful! I remember Astronomy class, I loved it so much! Even though I did horrible in it haha And thanks for the advice, I'm working on it as I type ;)
Nauman:
Awww you like school more than I do! Admit it! And insha'Allah I will enjoy my summer :D Hope you do too
Umar:
I'm trying to get into a Social Science course which is cross-listed with Anthropology called "Women, Culture & Society". I'm beginning to get nervous because I'm having absolutely no luck with this at all.

4/11/2006 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allahamdullilah !

4/11/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree summer school is not that bad at all... you get to be out and about... and I find summer school classes to be much easier and condensed. Insh'Allah you'll get into your course! And loving the flowers... our tulips are starting to come out!

4/12/2006 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get into summer school yet? I hope you did... :)

4/14/2006 2:32 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

no ... i did not .. :( make du'a insha'Allah haha cuz this is frustrating

4/14/2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker