Friday, December 22, 2006

And the Holidays begin ...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Winter Break is here!

And I am very pleased that it hasn't snowed yet ( I don't like snow too much ). It was the last day before our winter holidays began and although I was very excited for this upcoming break ... I realized that I am really going to miss my students :( They have become a part of my daily life ... they keep me so entertained. I can just see it now ... the second half of my break will be so dull and boring. First half, my relatives are visiting so that's going to be pretty nice.

I was explaining to the kids that today was the last day and they would not be seeing me for the next two weeks. Well, I didn't say "two weeks" because they are still understanding the concept of month/week/day. I said, "you will not be seeing Sister 'Squeeky' until these many days go by *pointing at the calendar*". That was when I saw all the confused little faces ... "but where are you going?" ... "who will be here for us?" haha I'm sure they will be expecting to be at school on Monday, so cute.

Since it was the last day ... I thought I would bake them something. We have been doing a unit on Transportation: Land, Water and Air. I was especially enjoying the Thomas Engine activities we were involved in because I used to looove Thomas Engine! haha I still do ... tee hee So I baked a cake for them and tried to incorporate Thomas into the cake. It was an attempt and apparently a good one since all the kids ran up to me saying, "that cake was sooo delicious! mmm mm mmm" ( they really like to express sounds haha )



I still have trouble believing the first terms is over! Alhamdulillah ... where does the time go? Soon, the year will be over :( The Director of the school was complimenting me on my good work and the improvements she has seen in the children and mentioned to me that one of my student's mother gave a generous donation to the school because she was so pleased with her daughter's improvement ... specifically behaviour. She a tough child, I won't lie. I have never come across a little girl like her haha But alhamdulillah, Allah Swt has blessed me with patience so I have been able to handle her. And I suppose it is working! Her mother was very happy to hear her daughter reciting the surah's and kalimah's we have been practicing in class. The Director of the school was telling me that she would recite a surah or kalimah and then immediately after would say, "masha'Allah!" "alhamdulillah!" And so she tells me that obviously it is the voice of the Teacher. Aww ... hehe ... whenever they would recite beautifully ... I'll be so happy with them and say masha'Allah. It was very sweet ... a very nice moment for me.

Anyhooz, I pray everyone has a safe and happy holiday and are making preparations for Eid-ul-Adha!! I'm so excited :D

Fi-aman'Allah


P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY APA !!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam! Your blog is great, Mashaa'Allah! You are so lucky to be teaching young children the kalimah and surahs. Inshaa'Allah may Allah reward you for your efforts with your students, ameen!

Amber

12/25/2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Hehe, what a cute post :D I wish some of my teachers made us cake! Grr...

Enjoy your break, it'll be over before you know it. Unfortunately.

12/25/2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger AP said...

^Amber from RIS who bought prints from Al-Zahra?

btw, you worked hard to bring that troublemaker into line and the SCHOOL got the donation? I think you should bring up the subject of 'hadiya for the teacher' in a roundabout way during Parent-Teacher interviews.

12/28/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Amber:
Aww, jazaakAllahu khairaa for visiting! Ameen to your du'a, my du'as are with you also. It really is a rewarding experience, alhamdulillah.
Asmaa:
Why must you say that?! *sigh* No, these days are not going to be over before I know it, it'll feel like a looong break insha'Allah :D I miss my students though.
AP:
Uh, well, she did say that she was going to give me an eid present ..? hehe And you better have a book available for me!

12/28/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger AP said...

If you want I can make sure we keep one of the baby books as soon as the next batch arrives ($20 w/ the discount).

12/29/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

AP:
Awww, yes, insha'Allah... that'd be great! Thank youuu

12/29/2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker