Sunday, December 10, 2006

Kara Mia!

Assalaamu Alaikum :)


I went to a halal Italian Restaurant by the name of Kara Mia this weekend. It is located right by Vaughan Mills. My cousin-in-law and sister have been hearing a lot of good things about this place and have been so interested in trying it out. So we made the plan to finally go and check it out. I didn't start hearing about it until my sister mentioned it. Oddly enough, one of the students at the school brought me the flyer of the restaurant and encouraged me to try it out haha And I must say .... it was delicious! I was impressed with the food and with the service as well. Our waiter was so nice!

We arrived there earlier than our reservation time but decided to check if there would be any seats available for us, just in case. It was a nice, small place. The waiter told us to wait for a while so he could make room for us. We decided to hang out outside instead and told him that we would be out for a bit. He told us that he would come and get us once there was a table available (aww, so sweet!) We took a trip into Vaughan Mills to kill some time and when we came back to the restaurant, the waiter runs up to us explaining that he had a table ready for us and he even came out to look for our car haha I felt so bad! This guy really cared about his customers. Since we were away, he had to give the table to someone else so we had to wait around yet again. But he did his best to provide us with a table. Finally, we got one, and were ready to order :D


Chicken a la Creme

I'm a chicken lover. I absolutely love chicken. So I just had to have the Chicken a la creme. I consider myself to be a very slow eater (everyone would agree to that) but I was devouring that down so quickly! At least I thought I was, my cousin-in-law and sister still completed their dishes before I did. Anyway, it was pretty fast for me. I would definitely recommend that dish. These are the other dishes we ordered:

Steak Sizzle

Fettucini Kara Mia

Both were very tasty. Finally, the best part came! I was so eager to try out the desserts because they sounded so delicious. And I was right, very scrumptious. The desserts were perfect concerning taste because some desserts tend to be so filling that you want to throw up afterwards. These two desserts were the perfect way to end a great meal, alhamdulillah! *drool*

Truffle Royale (excellent for chocolate lovers .... mmm!)


Caramel Latte Mousse

(this one was just incredible ... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!)

It was a great place. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a real nice place to eat. Having such great service is important as well, they take care of you so well :) Thanks waiter!!

Zabihah Information

Kara Mia Website

19 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

I know your probably checked, but OMG are they halal?! We received the advertisement in the mail too and I wasn't sure.. but that food sure looks amazing! Thanks for taking pictures to make us all hungry :D Now I wanna go there!

12/10/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

'liya:
Yes! I'll provide the link in the post now so people can check it out. You need to go!! :D

12/10/2006 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

What's a cousin-in-law?

12/11/2006 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard this restaurant mixes their halaal food with very doubtful food sources. I think a Zabeeha shop in brampton is one of their suppliers, but they also get so-called 'halal' meat from various sources even the manager can't vouch for. Just a heads up.

12/11/2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

My 3rd year Package Design prof and I both agree that if halal food is advertised with such great design and food photography, people automatically doubt it's authenticity.

It's sad really... (speaking as a designer) that inorder for something to be accepted as truly halal, the package design or photography has to suck. The mentality is that if the company can afford such a nice design, then there's something shady going on with the food.

12/11/2006 3:03 AM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Omigosh, I've been craving Italian for soo long. And now you found a halal one! Thats awesome, I'll have to check it out the next time I'm back home. The food looks fantastic in the pics! Also, I'm glad to know my friends and I aren't the only ones that take pics of our food at restaurants :P

12/11/2006 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats sad is that "Mozlems" see the word 'halal' on any restaurant door and rush in and order the Ham & Cheese sandwich regardless if it was wiped off the toilet seat and consume it washing it down with a tall glass of Alhamdolillah. Nice design or not, don't judge a book by its cover.

12/11/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

have you even looked at the sources she's provided?

just because there's no neon "halal" sign in the window and the restaurant doesn't employ a fat, sweaty cook doesn't mean it isn't halal.

you've pretty much done the same thing i pointed out... "oh, fine italian food that looks & tastes good... nah, can't be halal"

take your own advice and don't judge it until you've done some research for yourself.

i'll point out that i never commented on the halal-ness of the restaurant... i just mentioned a conversation i had with a prof. it came after i had some experience working with a client. when i showed them the package design concepts for their food products the comment i received was "it doesn't look halal... it's too modern" they were more interested in matching the crappy layouts of madina or crescent brand products.

12/12/2006 2:54 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

uh... you can delete the first two of my repeat posts.

apparently blogger doesn't feel so well at 3am.

12/12/2006 3:04 AM  
Blogger AP said...

'some desserts tend to be so filling that you want to throw up afterwards'

Dude, that totally ruins the mood. You don't mention that in a restuarant review.

12/12/2006 4:15 AM  
Blogger AP said...

But it is definitely a find and a half (once the Zabiha issue is resolved, seems to be some controversy here in the comments)

12/12/2006 4:16 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Uhh ...

Well, I never go to a place unless I'm satisfied with where the meat is coming from. We, as well as many others that I know have done our job and checked out the authenticity of the halal meat. Now, if there is still a question mark wtih people ... Allah Knows Best, insha'Allah we will be able to find out for sure :)

12/12/2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger AP said...

No that's not what I meant at all. I took your word for it on the halal issue and even forwarded their link to a few friends.

I was only referring to the disagreements that arose in your comments section.

Sorry about that.

12/12/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

ap:
silly boy ... I wasn't refering to your comment :) and speaking of "throwing up" ... one of my students threw up right in front of me today ... ewww

on another note ... i made cupcakes!

12/12/2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Finally, a halal Italian restaurant. I'll check it out sometime. Thanks.

12/12/2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Umm Haniah said...

SubhanAllah.
That Truffle Royale, and the Caramel Latte Mousse look soooo good that my sweet tooth is hurting by just looking at it.

EDIT: I don't how but I ended up commenting multiple times, sorry :D

12/13/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger SirNubbington said...

Looks Delicioso...
...esp the Cake

Yum

12/14/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Thanks for putting up the info. My mom said one of her friends just went too and loved it so she's thinking of taking us there now :)

12/14/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger UmmShurahbeel said...

Man..the food looks amazing too bad im not in canada :\

12/18/2006 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker