Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friendship Never Ends

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I went to a gathering of family friends yesterday ... it was so nice, masha'Allah. To see everyone together and enjoying themselves.

It was a "pot-luck" so all the mother's brought in some dishes. If I had known earlier that I would be attending this gathering as well ( I had other plans which were abruptly canceled ), I would have baked some brownies which I am very eager to try. But do not fear, I will bake them and post a picture because it has been a while since I have done so. Wow, that's very bad Squeeky ... bad! It was so much fun to hang out with all the girls. Unfortunately my cousin could not make it so she was dearly missed. I was so shocked that we stayed there until nearly 4 am... that is something we rarely do haha My parents must have really been having a ball.



One of the women brought this cake haha It was the cutest and funniest thing ever. Very sweet too. All the people that gathered have been friends for over 30 years and are still together after so long. I really admire that about our Hyderabadi parents because they always make a point to meet with each other as often as they can. Friendship can only last or strengthen when there is dedication behind it. Without that, how can one expect to have friends who will stick by you through thick and thin?

This is what I want for my future, insha'Allah. I am not one to keep a huge group of friends. I have a good amount of friends whom I consider to be so dear to me. I feel anyone who enters my life gives me something positive but there are certain people that leave such an imprint in my life and I cannot even imagine what would life be like without them in it. They do so much for me .... cheer me up when I am down or participate in my silliness.

I look forward to the days where we can also meet with one another years ahead from now, with our own children. Aww. Insha'Allah.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed said...

That sounds really nice. Friendships are so important. I think I'd go insane w/o mine.

11/13/2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Solz said...

yeah u right, friendships are very important in peoples lives and every person u meet will teach u something new. hope u will stay in touch with all ur friends in years to come :)

11/14/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

That cake is hilarious, thanks for sharing. Now I'm hungry for cake.

11/15/2006 5:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That cake is sooo cute! Gotta love those cute aunties.. and goodness Raf, everytime i come on ur blog i see a new cake or something really yummy. Can u like jus start posting ur yummy recipes already! Or do i hafta start a Rafia's Recipes Fan club or something? :P

11/17/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Ahmed:
Ditto!
Solz:
Insha'Allah... that's my plan :)
Asmaa:
I wish I could give you some :( It was yummmy
Sarah:
haha My newest post was just for you ;) And wow, I'd feel so honoured to have such a fanclub *daydreams*

11/20/2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker