Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dora the Explorer

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Each of my female students are very big fans of Dora the Explorer. What little girl isn't? I have never heard of Dora until my cousin had a baby girl and she is obsessed with her. So this past winter break, I decided to see what all the hub-lub was all about. There was an episode that happened to be on television when I turned it on and gave it a chance. It was quite interesting. Dora would ask the viewers a question and she would even pause for a little while just to give the children the opportunity to reply hehe It was pretty cute. I liked the interactions. As the show was progressing, a character by the name of Boots was carrying a little toy. Guess what the toy's name was ...?

Squeaky!

Awwww. I felt so special that the first Dora show I ever watched had a link to me tee hee "Squeaky" was Boot's bath toy and they even had a song for it! A song for me *sniff* How very sweet. I would have posted the lyrics but I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, I now feel like I can relate to the little girls in my class. I finally know what Dora is all about. I was drawing on the chalkboard with my cousin's little kids and ended up drawing Dora.


5 Comments:

Blogger Maria I said...

As-salamu 'alaykum

Awww, I love Dora! but i'm not obsessed with her or anything, lol. But hey, that's a nice drawing there!

1/07/2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger AP said...

But you're 'Squeeky'. You're short one 'a'.

and nice drawing you got there.

1/08/2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Oh my God Rafia. I hate Dora :( I'm so sorry to break this to you, but she is such an irritating little girl. I want to cry whenever I hear her talking.

Gotta admit though, nice drawing :D Not that it makes up for my bitter hatred.

1/09/2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Thats a really nice drawing! I wish I could draw. I have never watched Dora but when I went to Toys R Us to buy gifts for my cousins kids she was everywhere! So I picked it and they loved it. :)

1/11/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Maria:
Walaikum Assalaam! And thank you so much :) Nice to hear from you!
ap:
Yes, I am "Squeeky", the cooler one. I am too good for the 'a'
Asmaa:
haha I haven't seen much of her to be irritated by her but these girls are *obsessed*! I just had to check it out. And thank you :)
Ahmed:
Thank youuu ... and I can imagine the Dora section in Toys 'R Us haha It must be huge!

1/12/2007 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker