Monday, January 01, 2007

Eid Mubarak & Happy New Year

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Alhamdulillah, Eid was nice. I love getting together with family especially when I get to spend time with my cousin's little children! Masha'Allah, each and every one of them are so cute and precious. I was not pleased with my mehndi though :( We were unable to buy the henna cone we usually do and decided to try out a regular store bought one. Big mistake. It was thin and watery *sigh* You live and learn! Anyhooz, I decided to bake something for Eid and I did.



It sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try. It actually turned out to be good. I think it is meant to be served with tea which made sense after I tried it. The whipped cream did wonders for it :) Yummers!

7 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Yum! I did some cooking too this Eid and I'm happy my stuff turned out quite nicely :D Didn't get to do the whole mendhi thing though. Do we get to see a picture of your hands?

1/02/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Eid Mubarak! And Happy New years! The food looks great!

1/02/2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Man that looks good! Eid Mubarak Rafia :) Hope this year brings more cake and cookies....err I mean, more GOODNESS in general inshaAllah ;)

1/02/2007 3:52 PM  
Blogger SirNubbington said...

Eid Mubarak! That looks tasty, btw.

1/02/2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

allrecipes.com

^check it out

1/02/2007 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an odd, brief press release promoting the January 7th return of the show, Fox listed the adult Springfieldians' 2007 resolutions:


Homer:
I resolve to lose 10 pounds, and then gain it back by Valentine's Day.

Marge:
I resolve to finally learn how to make pancakes that don't stick to the pan. Bart helped me come up with that one.

Krusty:
In 2007, I promise not to keep using the same old jokes Ive been telling since 1961.

Chief Wiggum:
In the coming year, I resolve to learn how to work the safety on my gun.

Comic Book Guy:
In 2007, I resolve to boldly go where I have never gone before out on a date with a woman.

Barney:
I resolve to quit drinking coffee. It leaves less room for beer.

Ned Flanders:
I resolve to be pious and kind and gentle and - yippee, skippee - I already am! Happy 2007, everybody!

1/04/2007 2:21 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

'liya:
You must tell me the things you made! And sowie, no mehndi pictures this time ... wasn't good enough for pictures :(
Ahmed:
Aww thanks, Eid Mubarak and a very Happy and safe New Years to you too!

Ahh, last weekend before teaching begins!
Asmaa:
Ameen ... haha I wish the same for youuu insha'Allah hehe
Slave of Allah:
Thanks and Eid Mubarak to you too!
Umar:
I go on that site often, thank you for mentioning it! Maybe I'll make something from there.
Rooq:
Aww, Simpsons quotes! Funny ones! Thanks and I can't wait to watch it this weekend :D

1/06/2007 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker