Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ice Cream Cones & Cupcakes

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Before anything, I don't appreciate being called an Old Blogger. Just because I choose not to update to the "new and improved" Blogger, does not mean I should be called old :( *sniff*

Alhamdulillah ... first week after the holidays is over! Goodness, am I ever happy. I never realized how difficult it would be to get the students back into the routine of things. Children between 3 - 5 are H-Y-P-E-R. They're cute, I love them to bits, but they can be such a handful! Anyhooz, I received two new students this week so it was a bit tough for me to get them to settle into the classroom. I think they're doing well so far. Well, actually, there was another student who came into my class but because he wasn't completely potty-trained ... they decided to bring him back in September. He was sooo cute though, I miss him already. I'm satisfied with my bunch though ... they keep me so entertained and make me laugh everyday with their little antics. I just really need to do something about a student who just cannot stop going potty in his pants ... :S No water breaks for him!

Today was my cousin's daughter's birthday. She is two years old now. The sweetest little girl ever ... too cute, masha'Allah. Her daddy visits my blog tee hee so let me take a moment and give him a shout-out because I know he's going to come here looking for my cool baking pictures ( ahoy-hoy! :) ) I shall carry on. I decided to bake something I have always wanted to try. I had seen it before but just have never gotten around to it.


Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
I must admit, I was a bit nervous but alhamdulillah, they turned out great! It is such a great snack for kids at parties and very fun to make.
And now, the weekend is upon us ..... finally! :D Enjoy. Toodles.

11 Comments:

Blogger Asmaa said...

I'm an old blogger, too. There are too few of us left in the world. Don't give in!! Hehe.

The last time I had one of those cupcakes in a cone was grade 8 :D

1/13/2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger Maria I said...

Yummm.. they look good! Any leftovers?

1/14/2007 12:06 AM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Okay, add that to my list of things I don't like about Islamic schools -shouldn't kids be potty-trained before coming to school? That's a parent's job, not a teacher's...

I'm confused about the cupcakes though.. they look very pretty, but how does it taste to eat a cupcake in a cone?? (I've never seen this before!)

1/14/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! Those look sooo yummy & really creative. You cease to amaze me :)

1/14/2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I use the New Blogger with an old blogging template that I highly customized so I'm a bit of both worlds...

Liya, stop being such a hater against Islamic schools!

Those cupcakes look great. I definitely want to try one now.

1/14/2007 10:26 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Nauman, I can't help it, everything I hear about them and how they run makes me feel that way.

1/15/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Asmaa:
hehe I have no intention on giving in ... I don't work well with change.
Maria:
Aww thank you and no, no leftovers :( The little kiddies took 'em all!
'liya:
It tastes pretty good. Just make sure that the cones are tasty because the cupcake batter itself is delicious. My mother and I are actually thinking of trying something new :)
Sarah:
haha Thanks, maybe we should get together sometime so I can bake them for you!!
Nauman:
Thank you! And hmm ... you can just pretend that I've given you one.
'liya:
Make du'a for the education system in Islamic Schools ... it would be a blessing upon the Muslim Ummah if there were to be a well run school, insha'Allah.

1/15/2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Those look really cool! I wonder a bit about the taste...but I'm sure its good.

1/16/2007 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rafia for the great 'cone-cakes'. Rafia does forget to add that the chocolate chip she strategically places in each cone-cake falls to the bottom of the cone after baking, so the guilty pleasure does not stop until you hit the very bottom of the cone...very creative. I took a couple to work and people were giving me stares as to why the hell i was eating an ice cream cone in the middle of january, let alone eating it in the office! Anyway, that was my 2-cents.

-Rafia's cousin

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/up-butt-coconut.html

1/17/2007 12:10 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Ahmed:
Nothing to wonder about ... it's quite yummy :)
Safi bhaijaan:
Awwwww ... you commented! Now my blog is complete haha I just can't imagine you, sitting there in your office, with those cone cakes in your hand ... kodak moment

1/20/2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Umm Haniah said...

mmmm those look delicious! MashaAllah.

4/09/2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker