Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Course 1, Lesson 4

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Okay, so I had my last class on Sunday for Course 1. In this class, we focused upon leaves, vines and mastering the Wilton Rose. Oh yes, we even practiced a flower called Sweet Pea. It looks simple to do ... but it's not! It was so difficult at first but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. I didn't take a picture of my attempt at those haha so no pictures here for that one.

We had the option of placing our roses in the center of the cake or at the side. So I gathered mine at the side of the cake. Our instructor taught us how to mound the roses so that it produces a nice lift. I thought that was amazing because it gives the roses and the cake a great look.

My cake doesn't appear as big as it usually does. It was so late when I baked the cake, there was no way I was going to add another cake layer. So instead, I layered the one cake that I had. I noticed it is much easier to ice a lower cake than a higher one!

A closer look: The roses would be much better if there weren't so many cracks at the ridge of the petals. I'm gettin' there!

The final product! I must say, this is my favourite cake from all the ones I decorated in class. I just wanted to freeze it forever *sigh*

Yet again, I was able to use this cake in the evening for all my family to share. My cake was an anniversary cake for my aunt and uncle who had come over. I gathered quite a few people over to help me pack the wedding favours. I absolutely LOVE my wedding favours and I absolutely LOVE my wedding invitation cards. Alhamdulillah! Things are crazy hectic but it is all coming together, yay!

Yea, so, that's how the planning is coming along. I haven't turned into a "bridezilla". I believe everyone is waiting for that moment haha Maybe during the last month ... maybeee. Right now, I'm slowly starting to feel the stress of getting everything together ... it's not so easy, my friend.

Next week, I signed up for Course 2! Can't wait to see what other new goodness we will be learning! I was just incredibly thrilled when we all were awarded with certificates for completing Course 1. I was almost in tears ... *sniff*

Stay tuned!!

9 Comments:

Blogger hana said...

hey ya~ assalamualaikum... i was just blog hopping when i saw your cake pictures! they're all gorgeous... i wish i could bake like you! *envy alert*

btw, i think the cracks around the petal edge give a rose personality. imperfections are pretty too :)

2/27/2008 11:48 AM  
Blogger boon said...

I love cakes but never have the patience to make one. Make good use of your skills! :)

2/27/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger BanikaB said...

Your cakes look amazing MashAllah!

2/28/2008 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your baking skills! Your entries always make me want to have some cake :)

3/02/2008 11:29 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

you make me sigh. in a good way :D

3/27/2008 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur getting m arried sooooooooooooon

3/29/2008 1:41 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Faerhann:
Walaikum Assalaam! Aww you're so sweet, thank you for the compliment and trust me, anyone can bake!
Boon:
Thanks, will do!
Banikab
awww jazaakAllahu khairaa :D
Dreamessence:
hehe Well get ready for another craving!

3/31/2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Asmaa:
I hope so!! hehe Thanks
Anon:
Yay!

3/31/2008 4:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

essalam alaikum sis,

masha'allah! how beautiful your cakes are! you are very talented!

please come and visit me again, i moved my site.

your sister,
jamila from jamilas creations now chasing children and recipes

2/26/2010 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker