Saturday, August 06, 2005

*~Mehndi Day~*

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

decorations

The days that I have been impatiently waiting for so long have come upon us *sigh* Meri Yaar Ki Shaadi Hain ... awww ... my friend is getting married this weekend. We're quite close alhamdulillah. She's been with me through my tough times and has helped me greatly. I only hope that I was able to help her as well when she went through her own trying days.

It was her mehndi day today. Goodness, did she ever look cute masha'Allah! The funniest sight was when we went to check up on her ... she's relaxing her foot on an aunty's lap while she applied mehndi on her foot haha I'm like ... "you have no tameez (manners)!" and she goes "I know!! I'm so badtameez (ill-mannered) for placing my foot on an elder's lap" teehehe But it looked so cute, and the mehndi was applied so well! I'm in love with it (henna), and I insha'Allah plan to do my own mehndi for my wedding. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and that it won't happen :( But I plan on it! C'mon, I've been doing my own mehndi for many years now, I think I'd feel a bit uncomfy having someone else do it ... besides, I would find more satisfaction as well *dreams away*

Everything was beautiful. The decorations were just stunning, I applaud everyone who helped out with it! They kept a section on each side for the girls to sit and sing with the dhol haha The bride's women were on one side and the groom's women were on the opposite side, so it was like a competition as to who is better. Honestly ... our side didn't do so well haha We needed to practice the songs given to us. Ahh well! Half way through the party, it was separated. Then the guys came in and made their appearances. They went through some traditional activities which was quite entertaining!

Seriously, the day was going by way too fast. I can't imagine how my friend was feeling. But it was such a happy time ... it felt real nice to say "it's my friend's wedding!!". We've been waiting for this day for sooo long and alhamdulillah, it has come. She has gone through a lot and I can honestly say that she DESERVES to be happy. Allah Swt tested her Sabr (patience) and now He (Swt) has blessed her with a wonderful man to share the rest of her life with ... in Ottawa though *cries* How can you just leave us?!?! I really need to work on this reality haha

It was a fun day ... I had fun :D And I can't wait until Sunday for the actual nikkah. I am going to be a mess that day! *sniff*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

assalam-u-alaikum squeeks :)

aww, i've never been to a desi wedding ever! it sounds like fun....i hope someone i know gets married soon, i want to go to a wedding :D

8/06/2005 1:56 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

KababKing:
haha I hope everyone else will feel the same way. I don't think I've ever met a dhulan who did her own mehndi. Maybe I'll start a new trend ...? hehe Ameen to your du'a and that quote you used to say to your mum, it's very true. If you can sustain patience, you are capable of anything!

Madia:
....you're not desi? haha Wow, I'm slow. Well then, whenever I am granted permission from Allah Swt to get married, insha'Allah you will be invited :D

8/06/2005 4:33 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Convey our congrats to the bride :)
Your description makes me want to get married. Okay well...it makes me want to have a party at least. Forget the finding a husband part.

8/06/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Raja Pakistani said...

Yeh mehndi's are fun. I got back from one in Chicago a couple weeks ago...they really went all out! The music was awesome, and the best part was when the uncles did their banghra thing. :-)

8/07/2005 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker