Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Rose ... pour vous ...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

To keep my mind off of the loss of my beloved fish ... my young cousin and I decided to be creative. It was so much fun that I thought I would share the joy with the rest of my blog-pals. Follow each step and try it yourself! I know you'll have the time *evil laughter*


~ * Tissue Rose * ~

step1
Step One:
Get yourself a 3 ply facial tissue

step2
Step Two:
Using the corner of the tissue, separate each of the tissue pieces from one another

step3
Step Three:
3 pieces completely separated

step4
Step Four:
Stack each of the pieces back on top of one another

step5
Step Five:
Bring each end together as a half from the center

step6
Step Six:
Take one corner and overlap a bit on top of one another right until the end
(like you would do if you were to make a paper fan)

step7
Step Seven:
Like so, it should be scrunched up in this fashion

step8
Step Eight:
Twist the bottom to make a stem

step9
Step Nine:
Now the concentration is on the rest of the soon-to-be rose! It is time to make the petals so begin to carefully separate each of the tissue ply's from all sides (bottom, middle, top)

step10
Step Ten:
Here's another view of where you should be going with this. Use your imagination, make it work so that the petals begin to resemble a rose!

step11
Step Eleven:
Try to join each end together so that it is more circular (may be a toughie)

step12
Step Twelve:
There is the finished product! Now don't tell me it looks like a scrunched up tissue ball *grr*

Really, it's a lot of fun working on this. My cousin walked in on us making these and she was really impressed and thought it was quite cute. So she wants us to make them as decoration pieces for her wedding next year, insha'Allah. Aww. I will use coloured tissue paper with those of course, and make it more creative and attractive ;)

This is my life. Alhamdulillah.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha 'scrunched up tissue ball' xD
No no it was fun :D It looked good ^_^ Just the part where we put all the flowers together..that's when it looked um.. a stack of tissues ;D haha. Hey it did turn out good.. a spider even made it's on it hahah! :P Seriously! =)

We still gotta make desert! :O
Love you! :)

7/16/2006 2:05 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

ok then, I won't say that looks like just a scrunched up tissue ball.

7/16/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I think I could avoid 9 of your 12 steps by simply taking a tissue paper and scrunching it up and then separating folds of the scrunched-up parts to make petals... :)

7/16/2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are THREE PLY TISSUES?!

:o!

7/16/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Rafia, you have a lot of patience. And creativity. And patience :)

7/17/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :/

Stop making fun of me!

Hajira
Oh my gosh I remember the spider! Wow, didn't take it long to get to it so quickly :S ... luv u too hun!
Umar:
Thanks ... thanks a bunch.
Nauman
Prove it.
Weebz
Yes! :o
Asmaa
Alhamdulillah for that! haha Yes I know I have too much time on my hands.

7/19/2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm....does toilet paper work too?

7/21/2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually when my fish died I flushed them down the toilet. I am glad you were curteous enough to burry it in a garden

7/21/2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog's too many pop-ups, not shure if anyone's told you that yet

-H

7/23/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Oohh I'm gonna get my students to try this!

:D

7/23/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

rooq:
I suggest you give it a try and let me know :D
Marky:
I could never do that to Blinky! Flush him away as if he was nothing to me :( He has a very nice resting place by our pretty flowers :)
Anon:
I don't know what to do about that :S
'liya:
Finally! someone who will put this to use yayyy

7/24/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Al-Hajeji said...

salam alaykum ya hajja.

you have way tooo much spare time: good blog anyway though.

7/26/2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squeaky you might be interested to know that i have a mouse in my house and we bought the SNAP traps to kill it. We tried the glue ones where the mouse is supposed to get stuck on glue but it doesnt seem to work.. dont worry though I am sure its going to go straight to Jannah. Doesn't that freak you out though that all these animals Allahs swt creatures are going to be in heaven with us because there all good.. imagine yourself relaxing in heaven and then a rat would just come along wont that be scary.. but then i guess you wont experience that scariness because you will know that it cant hurt you and it has to be a good rat cause its in heaven.. i think im getting too deep.. about rats.. sorry for taking too much space on your blog.

7/28/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

al-hajeji
I know :( but thank you for the compliment :)
Marky
Your comment made me laugh haha And made me realize something I never thought of before ... insha'Allah by then, I will be granted Jannah and I will be at peace with Allah's creations instead of having this silly fear over silly things ... I'm silly :(

And I hope your rat problem is solved ... hopefully it won't be killed and it can escape out of the house before any harm is done, aww

7/31/2006 1:25 AM  
Blogger AP said...

I gave up after step 3. But I've always hated people who could make stuff like that.

8/01/2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger n said...

lol, thats so cute. I'm gonna try it :)


BTW, you got some pretty nails!

salaams.

8/03/2006 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at the rihla here, and I saw a girl whose name tag said squeeky and it reminded me of an AUNTY thats hydro and very old according to cultural standards....!

Don't worry my beta died too, bichara, they had a funeral and all for it. I thought it was gay

8/06/2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker