Thursday, May 04, 2006

Happy Summer

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I'm not really in the mood to write an entry but I feel I should update those who care what is going on in my life, aww :D

Blinky
Alhamdulillah ... that little fellow is feeling better! Unfortunately, we never got the opportunity to take him to a fish doctor. Two attempts were made, but no luck :( Either the store closed before we arrived or schedule's were not matching up between my brother and I. So that did not happen but I went by Blinky one day and noticed that he was looking much better! The nasty bump decreased greatly and he began giving me attitude immediately after seeing me. It was both a happy and sad moment. Why must he hate? I think my mother was feeding him too much. Beta fishes can go weeks without food but still, they should be fed so we started feeding him a bit everyday. My mom has a big soft spot for him and whenever she feeds him, she always ends up giving him some "bonus" meals. I think it's those "bonus" meals that have been getting him sick haha We should feed him a little less ... since it won't affect him too much I hope, insha'Allah. Yay for Blinky!

School
Anyone remember me continuously complaining about a summer course that I was dying to get into? Well alhamdulillah ... I kept at it and I got enrolled! It was a VERY happy moment for me. I was meant to be in the course anyway because the following morning, the secretary from the department called me saying that there was a spot available for me, wee! If I was not able to get into this course, then I most likely would have had to come back in September and stay for a whole year. Which in a sense would have been okay, but I still wanted to graduate this year :) Insha'Allah that can happen now ... granted that I pass the course hehe

The summer has been looking good :) It's my last month being 22 so I feel I should make the most of it ... party time!! House party that is ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Nauman said...

You wouldn't do a house party and if you did, it would be more of a 'dawaat' if you did. :)

I'm glad that Blinky is feeling better. I'm also glad that you got into your course - I told you that you would so that makes it doubly better.

5/04/2006 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Blinky is back to normal! - Awww desi moms love to feed!!! Its cute.

How is summer school coming along btw? Good I hope - Study hard and make sure you get an A!!!

Oooh a House Party - I hope I am invited.... as long as you are the "entertainer" Ahhaha... and the person above... Rafia is always throwing house parties! And no they are not a dawaat!

5/05/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Yay you got into the course!
I told you too!! :D

5/06/2006 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two attempts were made, but no luck :( Either the store closed before we arrived or schedule's were not matching up between my brother and I.



We are all busy with our lives BUT if something or someone is important then you have to make the time.

Even from a Islamic prospective; you've taken the responsibility of keeping & taking care of a fish then you've got to be responsible for it. Feeding the fish, taking care of it is very rewarding but not taking care of it could God Forbid have the opposite effects.

Glad to know Blinky's doing better, but what if he really needed to see a vet and would 'you being busy' be a good enough excuse not taking the fish to a doc?!

5/07/2006 1:00 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Nauman:
Yes, yes you did. I have learned my lesson, to always listen to you :) Thanks!
Hibs:
hahaha Am I the only one who doesn't take "house parties" into that context? I knew you'd like that comment hehe And summer school is going really well actually, alhamdulillah :D
'liya:
Thank you! I shall never doubt you too hehe
Ajnabi:
Thanks for your comment. Don't be silly, if Blinky didn't get better so quickly, of course we would have taken him to the doctor! If the store is closed, I can't really force my way in there haha Alhamdulillah though, it was nothing serious so he just needed the tank to be thoroughly cleaned and not fed for a while. That's all :)

5/07/2006 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subhanallah, good to hear Blinky is feeling better. And mabruks on getting into that summer class. :-)

"The truth is, this fish is a miracle of nature, with a taste that can't be beat. Mmm-mm! So, to summarize, say what you want about me. I can take the slings and arrows, but stop slandering poor, defenseless, Blinky. Good night, and God bless."

- C. M. Burns

5/11/2006 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker