Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Mum

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Another year where I have been blessed to spend with my mother.

It's my mum's birthday today! Can never remember her age because she refuses to share hehe Mothers. Just wanted to dedicate an entry for her because she deserves it. There is no one like my mother. Alhamdulillah, she is one of my greatest blessings from Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala. I feel that your mother has a great deal of influence upon you and I am proud to say that I have received a very positive one from her. There is no one else in the world that I look up to more than my mother. If I can be half the person she is ... then I would consider myself even more blessed. One of my goals is to be like her. No one is more beautiful, wise, pious and silly as her. Boy, is she ever silly haha

I love her

I have mentioned before the high position that Allah Swt has kept for our mother's. Heaven is said to be under her feet ... so that alone can just show you how special and important she is. If you have upset your mother in any way ... Allah will not forgive you until your mother forgives you.

We have a tendency of taking people for granted ... and unfortunately, that is usually the love that we receive from our mothers. We will never understand the hardships she endured just to bring us into this world and raise us to be good people. Respect and love your mother, because only then will Allah Swt do the same for you. Her prayers are always accepted :)

So mummy, I know you don't read my blog but maybe I'll read it to you ... I am truly blessed to have a mother like you. May Allah Swt bless me for many more years with you, insha'Allah.

Heart in Sand (pic from net)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel the same way about my mother. Thank for shareing you thoughts about her with us.

5/15/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Thanks for that post. I can't wait to be a mom. As strange as that sounds...but hey, think about how much they're honoured in Islam. Yup, I love my mom. (Okay fiiine, my dad too).

Hehe, my mom was 37 for like 8 years until she realized we'd eventually get smart enough to doubt that ;)

5/15/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Awwwww :)

That was very sweet - you should let your mom read it!

5/16/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

David:
Aww, thank you for the comment, it was appreciated :)
Asmaa:
haha Doesn't sound strange at all, insha'Allah we too will be blessed with children and be the best mother's we can possibly be ... yay!
'liya:
Thank you :) I wrote something very similar in her birthday card, she teared up ... aww

5/16/2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Ameen... may Allah (SWT) bless you and your mother with good health and continue to help you and your mother serve the Almighty. Ameen.

5/17/2006 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to aunty

Asmaa you don't know how to count... all our moms are 31! ;-)

5/19/2006 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Squeeky's mum. :-)

5/20/2006 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker