Saturday, June 03, 2006

Woo Hoo

Assalaamu Alaikum :)
12:30 am

Squeeky is now 23 years old

Alhamdulillah

May this year be much better than the last, insha'Allah

I don't have too much planned for myself but it will be a very lovely and memorable day insha'Allah. I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time and it will definitely be a day to remember :D Also, it is Blinky's 1 year anniversary today too ... aww ...

Just pray that the food I plan to make is edible :S

What have I been upto? Not too much ... my summer course has been keeping me super busy though. But alhamdulillah, I'm really enjoying. So let's just re-cap this past week on my week off from school! (York was closed down due to the Literary Congress that took place)

Weekend (26-28)

It was a lot of fun! My cousin's wife's brother got married that weekend and the wedding was just absolutely beautiful, the bride was stunning, masha'Allah. I guess I was the photographer for most of the evening because my cousin-in-law wanted me to take pictures for her. I didn't mind, I liked being a part of the events but when you're running around in very high heels, can be a bit painful *ouchies* It was also a friend's mehndi that weekend which I attended and it was also nice. Small and intimate. I would say the highlight of the evening would be Saturday, when my cousin and her family finally visited from New Jersey! It's been 4 years since she's been home and boy, things have changed here greatly since she left. I personally saw her last summer but still, I missed her :( I was thrilled to know that her eldest child (of two) remembered who I was. We played playdough together teehehe

Thursday (June 1st)

My friend and I went to Square One for the day for some good shopping! Wow, I really needed that and we always have a great time when we go out haha we're nuts. We also watched X-Men which was a lot of fun because we make such stupid comments during the movie teehehe Afterwards, while waiting for a Mississauga transit (btw, I can't stand those buses, gross!), we were deciding what our abilities would be if we were to be X-Men. My friend is "Sarco" because she would be able to destroy everyone with her sarcastic remarks. As for me, we decided my name would be "Bansshee" haha Don't ask why ... I was screaming in the mall for some reason and she said "stop screaming like a bansshee!" ... So since my screams are ear-piercing, that seemed nice :) We were getting such weird looks from the other people waiting for the bus.

Anyways, I'm too tired to write more ... may Allah Swt bless each and everyone of you :D

16 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

6/03/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Happy Birthday.

6/03/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

happy birthday

you weren't at a wedding last night by any chance, were you?

6/03/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Aww, jazaakAllah khair :D

Umar:
Yes, yes I was :) I had to make a quick appearance.

6/03/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

so that was you... in the red hijab?

were you there from the guy's side?

6/03/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

oh my goodness, how did you know?! i actually know both, i was invited from the girl's side because i'm friends with the bride but we know the groom's family as well ... you?

6/04/2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Assalaamu alaikum Rafia,

May Allah (swt) make this year better than what has passed and bless you with prosperity and happiness and health for the rest of your life.

23 is a good solid number...I've been told that it's the age when your character really gets rooted :)

6/04/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

I don't know... for some reason I just had an inkling it was you. I almost wanted to ask "Excuse me, this may sound wierd, but are you Squeeky?" ... but then opted not to since it would've sounded really stupid if you weren't.

I've known the bride's family from as far back as I can remember. Our parents knew each other after they first came to Canada. So, yeah... we're really close.

Small world.
I guess I'll see you around next week too.

6/04/2006 2:28 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

haha ... trust me, i get that question asked quite a few times. well then, the only time you could have seen me would have been at the end of the wedding i think, when i was leaving because everyone was huddled at the door looking at the rain and would not let me through!

anyhooz, are you hyderabadi? and, what in the world is happening next week?

6/04/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Umar said...

uh.. are we talking about the same event?


friday night @ candles in mississauga?

i saw you earlier than that... can't remember when, but closer to the start than the end of the night.

im not hyderabadi... and next week is the nikah.

6/05/2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

haha now i wish you really went up to that girl and asked "are you Squeeky?"

I was at a wedding Friday night in Mississauga, but at Maple Banquet :)

6/05/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

oh.

nevermind then :P

6/05/2006 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maple is shady
its right beside 108 hahaha

6/05/2006 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screaming? I thought all you ever said was "Awwwwwww". :-P

Hope you had a great birthday.

6/06/2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger AP said...

happy bday, geezer.

6/08/2006 2:27 AM  
Blogger American Muslim 1983 said...

A Little late but... Happy b-Day!

6/12/2006 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker