Thursday, June 22, 2006

Complete Devastation

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I am devastated. My mother just informed me that Fabricland will be leaving the Bramalea City Center this summer :(

How can this be? Why would they even attempt at doing such a thing?! Argh, I knew I would lose something special once the American's took over the mall. They changed the entire look (which I am only now getting used to) and to my disappointment, one of the few stores I enjoy at the mall, are now being taken away from me *sigh* Where will I buy my broadcloth material from now? Last summer, I visited Fabricland quite a bit because I was being very inventive with my hijabs. Making my own bands to wear underneath and such. Good times, they really were. So since I am off of school now forever *insha'Allah* (I'll discuss that later), I thought I would continue with my work. But everything is leaving me! What am I supposed to do?! Either I stalk up on material now or just get my brother to take me to another location because I certainly am not ready to drive there on my own just yet (I'll discuss that later as well).

Yes, school is over, finally, insha'Allah. I refuse to get all excited and giddy about it until I have received a letter from York affirming that I am "eligible" to graduate! But alhamdulillah, so far so good, I think it might be it this time! I was so depressed during the week of the June convocations because I desperately wanted mine in June too, now, must wait for the October one, eww. Anyhoo, it's such an odd feeling. I really do enjoy attending school and right now, I feel relaxed that I don't have to worry about it anymore. Though I can assure you all, come September, there will be a lot of whiney posts about how much I'm missing school ...

Oh, another thing that's leaving me ... the gym. I have written about how I'm trying to be good and doing my best to stay active and keep the gym as a daily occurance in my life but alas, that may come to an end too. Well, at least in that location. Exclusively Women's is moving from the location I regularily go to and they have teamed up with a bigger location somewhere a little further. There is no way I'm bussing it that far, so my aunt told me about another gym that I can join instead. Better than nothing I suppose.

One of my goals for the summer is to finally go for my driver's license! *gasp* I know, what a shock, I don't even have my G1 yet but I have good reason. I have had traumatic experiences concerning cars/wheels. And when I did decide to be bold and brave, we got into a car accident, eep. Enough is enough, the time has come for me to conquer that one fear and go for it! I just feel sorry for anyone who will be sharing the same road as me though teehehe

Life is keeping me busy. My brother and I have been helping my mother with the gardening which has been quite fun. I'll share the pictures of our roses and flower that have bloomed once again since last summer ... awww! They're so beautiful ... subhana'Allah, I love nature :D

Purple Rose
My beautiful Purple Rose!

Red Rose

A Red Rose that looks plastic in this picture

Yellow Rose

An absolutely stunning picture of our White Rose

Tiger Lilly

One of our many Tiger Lilly's

11 Comments:

Blogger AP said...

When taking the G1, remember to wear black hijab, nobody can see the cheat notes under those.

6/23/2006 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

masha'Allah the yellow rose pic is amazing! what camera did you use.. no flash? settings? hehe.. sorry, budding photographist in the works..

oh and mubarak on graduating! plans for the summer... job in the future?

ps. the rose does look white... or maybe im just going color blind after staring at the monitor for soo long.. alhumdulilah its fri!

me

6/23/2006 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a fabric land at shoppers world...

Your planning on getting your drivers licence in the summer... after you get your G1, you will have to wait 8 months before you give your G2 if you take some course and get a certificate or you will have to wait 1 year before giving your G2 if you don't.

Nice pics!

6/24/2006 2:02 AM  
Blogger 'liya said...

What beautiful pictures, I love roses! You should put up a picture of your whole garden, I'd love to see it.

And yes, like your anonymous mentions, there's a Fabricland at Shoppers World - you should come down to this part of Brampton more often! I love buying fabric but sometimes I end up buying and not using it for anything. I've had the most beautiful fabric from Bouclair
for such a long time now and I'm too scared to cut it. It's light brown, sheer, and with tiny little clear sequins so small that you hardly notice them *sigh*

6/24/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Lovely pictures. If I had a garden I think I'd enjoy doing that too :) And they're closing down fabricland? Why would they do such a thing? Grr Americans.

By the way, thanks a lot. Now all I can think about is Fabricland's little theme song "Fabricland FABRICLAND!" Hehe, I can't help but think they should have hired some professionals to create an advertisement for them.

6/24/2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Bro'hood:
Yea ... I thought it was yellow because I remember planting 'yellow roses' but clearly they're creamy :S
AP:
haha ... I will keep that in mind for sure.
Amer:
Thanks! Oh, I just have a sony digital camera, nothing too fancy. No plans yet for the future, insha'Allah something good hehe
Anon:
Thanks! And trust me ... I am in nooo rush to get my full G haha One step at a time, I'm going to need that time.
'liya:
hehe I was never too fond of the Fabricland at Shopper's World because I always thought ours was better :P But *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to visit a lot more often now. And that material of yours sounds really pretty, we need to do something about it!
Asmaa:
Aww thank you ... and that Fabricland song (which is only two words) always gets stuck in my head :S

6/25/2006 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can u put up some more pic of the purple rose.
it looks soo different Mashallah

6/25/2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger AP said...

Faaabricclaaand, FABRICLAND!

6/25/2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger AP said...

oh nvm, discard above post, Asmaa's beat me to it.

6/25/2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

AP, you're too slow. Deal with it.

6/26/2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger AP said...

I can't even enjoy the fabricland jingle anymore without ridicule from Asmaa. You take your official position as the e-bully pretty seriously.

As for them having to hire professional marketing firm, I can't think of many 'professional' attempts at marketing that has managed to ingrain itself in people's heads like this. These guys are on to something.

6/27/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker