Saturday, September 23, 2006

*~ Ramadan Mubarak ~*

Assalaamu Alaikum :)


Narrated by Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." (Sahih Bukhari)

Subhana'Allah, another Ramadan I am blessed to experience. Without a doubt, my most favourite time of the year. Why? Well, why not ... it is the month when the Holy Qur'an was sent down to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sallahu alaihe wasallam). This blessed month contains a night that is better than a thousand months. It is obligatory upon every Muslim to fast in this month and the rewards received from Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala during Ramadan is more than enough reason to take advantage. Insha'Allah, I am completely focused on doing as much as I can, to work on things that need serious improvement and also, just to strengthen my Imaan and fill my heart with more love on this beautiful Deen. We should all have the intention of performing good deeds this month :) So my du'a to everyone is that Ramadan will insha'Allah bring out the best in everyone and insha'Allah we will be able to continue our practices even after Ramadan comes to an end, ameen. Have a wonderful Ramadan with all of your loved ones, family & friends!! Please remember me in your du'as, I need them :)

Update on Working -
Ramadan at the school I am teaching at will be very hectic. Good hectic, but hectic nonetheless. Alhamdulillah, it has been going great. I'm enjoying every minute of it, even during the days I want to run out screaming haha All my kids are balls of energy hehe so cute though. I had my first Parent-Teacher meeting this past week. Actually, it was more for the parent's to come in and go through the work that their children will be involved in this whole year. But of course, I had a line-up of parent's waiting to speak to me! It was so weird. I have never had so many people want to speak with me haha It was nice to know that their children have taken a liking to me and talk about me a lot at home aww I also found out one of my students has a crush on me aww haha Which is surprising because I am hard on him the most, the boy just does not listen (at times). Yesterday was a P.D. Day so no children were at school but all the teachers were, whoopdi-doo. We were discussing class trips and our up-coming Eid party! They have Eid parties! Soo cute ... I gave some of my ideas for it and they loved them, so insha'Allah I'll start working on that soon enough.

Update on Life -
Umm ... not too much. Very "blah" at the moment and a little "meh" in there as well. Did not have a computer for a week which was not so bad. I have been drooling over the Fall collection of clothing these days: hijabi approved. My grandmother left for India/Dubai for 6 months so missing her greatly :/ May Allah Swt bless her with good health and a safe return back to us, ameen. That's ... pretty much it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ramadhan Mubarak Rafia to you and your family!

Take care and read Qur'an
-marky

9/24/2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Ramadan Mubaarak to you too.

This month is a blessed month which can often change the direction of our lives in ways that we can't possibly imagine beforehand... may Allah (SWT) provide you with that clarity inshallah during this blessed month.

9/24/2006 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats awesome sis. i hope you have a really beneficial ramadhan. inshallah. i'm quite envious that you're teaching and having so much in an islamic environment. but good envy, dont worry. May Allah increase you. Amen.

9/24/2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Ramadan Mubarak Rafia :)

One of your students has a crush on you eh? Hehehe that's cute. But tell him to lower his gaze. Be sharam...or whatever ;)

9/24/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

"Marky":
JazaakAllahu khairaa ... I hope this month is filled with blessings for you and your family!
Nauman:
May this month direct us in such a direction that will only be beneficial for all of us in this world & in the hereafter, ameen. JazaakAllahu khairaa, ameen to your du'a.
Maaz:
hehe It better be good envy! Thanks, may this Ramadan be productive for you as well.
Asmaa:
Done and Done! haha Kids these days, yeesh.

9/26/2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker