Monday, August 21, 2006

Canada's Wonderland

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Insha'Allah, anyone reading this is in the best state of health & Imaan, ameen.

One of my best friend's and I finally spent a day at
Paramount Canada's Wonderland. I'm sure no one will understand what a big deal this was but we do! We've been friends since we were 15 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer brought us together aww) and before Sunday, we never had the opportunity to go there together. Yesterday it happened and as usual, whenever we make plans to go out, somehow, there is rain in the forecast *grr* The same thing happened yesterday so all I could do was pray that we didn't have to deal with rain droplets because then the park would shut down the rides and we would not have any fun at all! But alhamdulillah, it did not rain at all during the time we were there. Instead, it was just a bit chilly but I would rather have it be that instead of walking around in very humid weather. So we were quite happy!

We went really early ... we were there before 11am. Something I'm not used to because when I would go with my family or anyone else, it's always after noon. But I liked this, there weren't as many people around and we had access to the rides without those irritating lines. For my personal entertainment in lines that ended up being longer than I liked, I bought Power Poppers to eat so that I could stand there with crackly noises coming out of my mouth haha It was funny. Really, it was. The text on my friend's shirt also received a lot of attention, but I won't go into further detail as to what it said teehehe For the first time ... my friend really heard my voice. I scream on rides like there's no tomorrow ... she calls them "shrills" haha I even scream on rides a person wouldn't dream of screaming on ... heh ... heh ... it's still scary!


Altogether it was a very pleasant day and to commemorate the day, we bought matching bracelets! I'll be sharing some pictures and one of them will reveal the *true* reason as to why we wanted to go to Wonderland so badly ... yay!


Dragon Fire
The first rollercoaster ride we went on!

So many Homers!
My future hubby will win me one of these one day *daydreams*

Hanna Barbera Land
The time arrives ... we enter Hanna Barbera Land!

I took this picture because when my brother was young, he thought it was a candy wall or made out of marshmallows and licked it eww

*~*~* DRUM ROLL PLEASE *~*~*

SpongeBob!
SpongeBob! Squeeky! Friend! Patrick! aww our dream came true

Spongebob, Patrick and some other dude
There was some Penguin dude there but we didn't know which pre-school show he belonged to. Poor guy wasn't receiving any attention so he started dancing about haha
P.S. - I lost my voice :(

7 Comments:

Blogger 'liya said...

The penguin is Pingu! Aww I love him hehe. I was there with my class on Friday but we didn't get to see any characters walking around - they would have loved to see SpongeBob - they're obsessed with him! Did you go on the SpongeBob 3D ride? I like how it's air conditioned! Sounds like you had fun, Wonderland is the best :D

8/21/2006 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rafia!! Nice to read another wonderful posting of yours on blogger. I dont know if that is Pingu though. Wasnt he like black and white? That penguin was blue :s but ya i remember wen i used to watch it as a kid. I still wonder if they actually used to speak a specific language or if it was just some random penguin language/means of communication.

Anyway I really hope that the pictures you provide are only a sample of what the rides and places you visited at Wonderland. The reason why I say this is because of the fact that most of the pics show Hanabarbaria land or however u spell it. Did you get a chance to go to go Scooby Dooby Dooby Doos Haunted Mansion. Ive heard good things about that place but once wen I tried entering in with my boy a few years ago they didnt let me cause they said i was too tall. I know it really sucks. But i noticed that they were letting fathers go with sons so hopefully you can understand my excitement of having children! haha

Did you get a chance to go to Cliff Hanger? the Bat? Top Gun? Ya there pretty scary Dunt know if squeeky can handle that though. You might yell your voice away... permanently! haha jokes

Anyway my next stop is going to be Bungee jumping. dont worry i wont take my child there. Now that seems awsome. imagine being on top of the world, floating in the air. ha ha ha

Iritey I think I've run out of things to say (actually i havent I'm just too tired to type and i have some neglected msn convos) so i shall say no more. Too bad you cant reach Ontario Place. Looks like you'll have to do your Hijab Shopping Elsewhere :-)

Take care and good night!
-Marky

8/21/2006 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have liked to take a picture with good old Patrick :(

8/22/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

'liya:
We thought it was Pingu too! But the mother in front of us told us otherwise :S She told us the name but I just can't remember! I did go on the SpongeBob 3D ride last year and I LOVED it ...
Marky:
Well, we really didn't care for the rides. We just went on the main ones and wandered around most of the time. SpongeBob was our main objective! Success!
Asmaa:
Aww, I actually thought about you and thought you would have liked that as well :(

8/23/2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

hahahahahahaha both at the spongybob and the marshmallows hahaha

salam squeekster :wave:

long time no talk...hope youre cool...

ahhhh wonderland brings back memoriessss

8/29/2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger SirNubbington said...

Patrick is the frickin BEST!

9/05/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

cricketgal:
Hey! Salaam, long time no see/talk! Thanks for the check up, alhamdulillah I'm doing SUPER :D And you need to visit so we can all check out Wonderland hehe
Slave of Allah:
He's ... hilarious haha

9/06/2006 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker