Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ups & Downs

Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu :)

How is everyone's Ramadan coming along so far? Alhamdulillah, mine is going well. I have been able to continue my ibaadah even with such a busy schedule I'm not used to hehe I just pray that insha'Allah I can keep this up even after Ramadan comes to an end *sigh* I am at a very rocky stage in my life at the moment and I am *so* thankful that I have this blessed month to keep me going, because honestly ... I am just a little tired with a lot of things. I am also thankful for the fact that I am working and am not at home drowning in my never-ending thoughts. If that were to happen ... I would have ran out of my house screaming by now .... no joke. teehehe Maybe I am just going through a moment of weakness and I should remind myself not to stress myself out so much (I tend to do that a lot).

Another thing that has my mind off of stressful issues is ... my Convocation Invitation!! It finally came in the mail and I can finally say that I will be a graduate soon, insha'Allah :D That thought alone has me smiling like a crazy woman. Do crazy women smile a lot? Anyways, it will be a few days before Eid ... yes, during Ramadan. I told my sister about it because I had to confirm guests and she says, "what is the point of going when you can't eat anything there?!" ... :( ... I thought I was the point *sniffles* I do understand that the ceremony will be unbearably boring but is it not enough to see the excitement and joy on my face?! argh My sister has already given me my graduation gift ... and I love it dearly. It is a digital Qur'an along with Hadith. It's amazing to listen to on bus rides, reciting the Qur'an, reading the translation and also reading the many hadith's that are offered. Alhamdulillah :D May Allah Swt bless her with years of happiness and accept her du'as, ameen.

Work is going to be a little more fun from now on. One of the teacher's will be leaving on maternity leave early next year so we needed someone to take over for her. Before I started working, I mentioned that a good friend of mine was looking for a position and if anything opened up, let me know and we can arrange something. So the Principal asked me about my friend and before we knew it ... she accepted the position! Aww! She will have to volunteer for a while first to get a feel of the place so she will start next week :D I am soo excited! We went to York together and rarely saw one another ... now we will be seeing each other a lot more often. Yay.

I will be posting some pictures later in the week of a current Ramadan project I am doing with my students. It is the cutest idea! One of my student's mother suggested it to me actually and provided me with all the material ... it is going to be a lot of fun :) So stay tuned!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, york, graduating in that tent. sitting on metal benches. not fun. but on the bright side, they'll have a clip of you 'graduating' and ppl from all over the world can watch it live.

9/27/2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Frazza said...

Assalamu'alaykum,

I am at a very rocky stage in my life at the moment and I am *so* thankful that I have this blessed month to keep me going, because honestly ... I am just a little tired with a lot of things.

I think I know exactly you feel in many ways. Ramadhan began at a time when my heart was very unsettled to the point that I was losing considerable sleep. The peace that came along with Ramadhan, as well as the sense of community, are helping me to put together the pieces. Insha-Allah, you will also make it past this little setback and find peace through this blessed month.

Convocations are dreadfully boring affairs, but I still enjoyed going to mine. I just know that everyone I dragged along was bored out of their mind, since the only excitement for them was that 5-second bit where I went up on stage. Aside from that, it's just a matter of sitting down and listening to a list of hundreds and hundreds of names of people they don't know. Yikes.

All the best, insha-Allah.

9/27/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Maaz:
Clip? Of me graduating? Where people can see? Umm ... I think I need to change my RSVP
Faraz:
Walaikum Assalaam,
I'm really happy to know that this month is also helping you to heal in many ways as well :) And about Convocation, I am even more excited now because a friend of mine has her's the same day, yay!

9/29/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the clip of you graduating can be found here, but you haven't technically graduated yet. you can see mine. muahhahaha. ya right.

check out:

http://www.yorku.ca/mygraduation/Convocation/webcast/index.htm

so i think closer to the date of your grad, they should add a link that'll say 'oct 2006'.

10/01/2006 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.yorku.ca/mygraduation/Convocation/webcast/index.htm

does taht work?

10/01/2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.

go to:
http://www.yorku.ca/mygraduation

then click on 'Archived Convocation Ceremonies'

tada!

10/01/2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Maaz:
Oh my goodness! haha I can't believe this, that is so strange! I'm going to watch a bit of these, just so I know what to expect teehehe ... craziness

10/01/2006 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker