Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sleeping In Weekends

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

It's been great. Sleeping in on the weekends for the past 6 weeks. Uloom class has not been in session because the 'alima who teaches us went for Hajj and then a visit to England. Insha'Allah next weekend we will be back at the classes early weekend mornings. I really miss the classes. I cannot explain the feeling I get each weekend after I leave because I always leave with something great to remember and can actually implement it into my life. Alhamdulillah. I believe it's so important to continue to have such doses in our lives daily. I must say... this past year has been one of my best. I feel that I have grown into a more mature and educated individual, especially when it comes to Islamic knowledge. I finally feel like I'm doing something with myself.

One of the last things we learned in the class before our break was about Salaah and its importance in our life. One of the first things we will be asked about on the Day of Judgement. The moment a person reaches puberty, their salaat becomes fardh on them. We had discussions about how at such an early age, most children don't understand the importance of Salaat and do not take it seriously. Every fardh salaah we miss must be made up for (khadha salaat). We further discussed about how to raise our children so that they will understand the importance of Salaat. By having them read it with you even before it becomes fardh on them would really have them to understand how prominent prayer is in our lives. It really got me thinking. I don't want my children to have to worry about making up all the prayers that they lost when they were younger because they didn't realize how important Salaat is in Islam. I truly want to make sure that my children, insha'Allah, will see Salaat as something special instead of something that just has to be done. I mean, the doors of Jannah open up when you stand in Salaat and Allah Swt is right in front of you.... subhana'Allah. If I put enough dedication towards this, then insha'Allah my plans will become successful. I think about my future kiddies a lot in this way haha May Allah Swt bless me with the opportunity to fulfill this desire of mine.

Anyhooz .... so yes, sleeping in ... I'm going to miss that too :( I realized, teaching little children really tires a person out and is in desperate need of good sleep! So I think I shall use this last day to sleep in as much as I possibly can hehe (watch, I'll probably wake up at around 9am and won't be able to go back to sleep, ugh)

Good night!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/173450

see? you're not alone. i guess its tough when you make a decision, and then, its plastered all over the papers. may allah continue to strengthen her. amen.

1/22/2007 7:40 AM  
Blogger 'liya said...

When we were kids, my sisters and I used to pray each salaat with my dad and that's probably what made it strong in us (inshAllah it continues to be strong). Children learn though imitation, so parents who don't take the time to do this - well just look at their kids. And it doesn't take much - EVERYONE has time to pray (no excuses!)..

It's also a good idea to teach children the English translation of everything they say in arabic so that they know what they're saying. That's something my parents would always stress and I'm grateful for that because you need to know what you're saying...

1/22/2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Maaz:
Woah .. subhana'Allah ... thanks for sharing that link. May we all be blessed for the struggles we experience in the name of Islam.
'liya:
Aww, I remember doing that with my daddy too. My brother and I always joined him in prayer so we were used to doing it. And I could not agree with you more about making sure to know the translation of everything we pray in salaat/Qur'an. Tafseer is quite important and that is something I intend to stress with my children, insha'Allah.

1/23/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger AnonyMouse said...

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatulaahi wa barakaatu,

I found your blog through iMuslim's... haven't read anything except this post, though! :)

You made some great points though, masha'Allah, especially about the importance of salaah... as a teenager myself, it's sometimes easy to forget about how important salaah is - too often I end up going through it only to realize, at the end, that I barely paid attention to what I was reciting! :S

"I realized, teaching little children really tires a person out"
Uff, definitely! I help my dad out at the Madrasah we have for the little kids, and at the end of the day we’re both exhausted…

Take care, insha’Allah!

Your little sister in Islam,
Mouse

1/24/2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Yunus Umar said...

May Allah bless you for seeking religious knowledge.

1/25/2007 1:29 AM  
Blogger Ninjabi-K said...

As'salaa Wa'alikum,

This is Nida ( with divani attached to it) i'm not talemul_haq on islamica.
But, subhan'allahi'm left with such joy at finding out that u attend uloom! May Allah make ur jorney for knowledge easy, and solely for his purpose and not for this worlds show. Ameen. Insh'allah

tell me about ur Uloom and ur ustaad if u don't mind!...and ur ustaad u said she went to england, did she learn from a madrassah there? if so, could u tell me more? b/c i attended a madrassah in england as well..just woudl be ncie to find a connection and all.
subhan'allah

if u want to share with me at a more one on one and not so public, u could pm me on islamica, and insh'ALlah from there i could give u my e-mail etc.

it's so awesome, we have to stay in contact squeeks. and please don't think " just b/c i'm persueing ilm she wants to be in contact with me, it's actually that i've been in madrassah as well for the past two years so i've been unable to stay in contact with others on the net, just random free times do i get a chance to sit and read.

u know how it is, subhan'aLlah, knoweldge is never ending and it keeps flowing so ur lost in it's readings, and ...practising it. insh'allah

remember me in ur dua's.
Wa'alikumA s'salam.

1/27/2007 2:44 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Anonymouse:
Walaikum Assalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu :)
Thank you so much for visiting. Aww, you and your daddy run a Madrasah? Masha'Allah, that must be so sweet! I can imagine you are more tired than me then haha But the blessings you are receiving from Allah Swt is definitely worth it :)
Linus:
Ameen :)
Niqabi:
What a pleasant surprise :) I've been wondering how you've been! Ameen to your wonderful du'a. I rarely go on Islamica, once in a blue moon now but I'll message you in more detail to answer your questions hehe It'd be great to keep in touch! Please remember me in your du'as as well, insha'Allah.

1/29/2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Ninjabi-K said...

now i am talemul_haq on islamica

in my last post i wrote " now i'm not talemul_Haq"...that was an error

:Look:

it's good u dont waste time on islamica, it i a waste of time. Personally speaking, but i didn't knwo how eles to exchange e-mails with you.

so, khair, Alh. :)

dua mei yaad. INsh'aLlah
Ws.

1/29/2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger bb_aisha said...

Subhanallah!iv been meanin to blog about salaah too.one feels the most contentment in prayer.may every muslim become an upholder of salaah. Great blog,mashallah

2/05/2007 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker