Sunday, August 28, 2005

Amazing

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I am back after a beautiful visit to New Jersey and New York. Wow. A trip I have been impatiently waiting for, finally came ... and went just as quickly. But I'm not sad, because the trip was definitely memorable. Masha'Allah, my cousin's two little girls are so beautiful and cute. Aww. Little Leena is truly a princess, I have never met a little girl who was so friendly before! She got along with us real well. And her new sister, Sara (or as we call her 'Choti Ma') was an absolute doll. Oh and my cousin, whom I haven't seen in years ... it was just so good to hang out with her again. I still have a hard time believing that I've been going through these years without her silliness and wit *sigh* I miss you Didi! I'm a very family oriented gal, and when ever a family member branches off elsewhere ... it's hard to handle at times. But I know she has built an amazing life for herself in Jersey with her husband and girls, she's happy ... so I am happy :D

We were sooo busy! I kinda felt like a New Yorker for a day when we were walking the streets of Manhattan. haha What ... a day! That place is too huge for a little person like me. Eventhough it was amazing, I still could not handle the disorder on the roads! People, when the orange hand is lit, YOU DON'T WALK! New Yorkers don't seem to understand that, always in a rush haha They just don't seem to care ... they want to be on the move ... always! But I wish they were concerned for their safety as well :( We visited a few places like the Rockefeller Centre, NBC Studios, the biggest Toys 'R Us I've ever seen haha and my fave ... The Hershey Store! My goodness, my mouth was continuously set on drool the whole time I was in there *yummers* But the Toys 'R Us held a lot of cute memories too haha It was ... heavenly. But, of course! A vacation is never complete until Squeeky has tripped, slipped or fallen at least once. And that ... was exactly what happened in Manhattan haha Usually, there would be embarrasement but nope, not with me, this happens so often that sometimes I question why it hasn't happened yet! Though I'm okay :D

The Hershey Store

Mmm ... chocolate ... *drool*

By far ... my most favourite day of the week, was when we went to the Bronx Zoo. I could not believe I was actually going haha I felt like I was in grade 2, it was just too much fun. I saw most of the animals that I wanted to see ... giraffes, monkeys, zebras, more monkeys, the cute turtle! But unfortunately we had to cut the day short because Sara was beginning to get a bit cranky ... as well as her mommy haha I joke I joke :D So didn't get to see the lions, and tigers, and bears ... oh my! Insha'Allah ... another time. But when I think about it now, I wouldn't change a single thing from that day.

Gorilla

The Gorilla that kept giving all of us weird looks


Turtle

Aww my cute turtle, sitting there all by its lonesome

The following night, I had a real nice meet and greet with some online buddies that I've known for the past year. Wow ... and it was weird and cool all at the same time to put person to their usernames. hehe Masha'Allah everyone was wonderful. I'm a bit disappointed that I was not able to meet a couple of other girls but *sigh* I guess it wasn't meant to be. Insha'Allah the next time I'm in town, they'll be first on my list!

This trip really sealed an amazing and BUSY summer! Now, insha'Allah in a week, I'll be back in the school life ... kinda excited actually! Last year ... insha'Allah. Then I'll just have to see what Allah Swt has in store for me ...


3 Comments:

Blogger fny21 said...

salaams and welcome back squeeks!
f

8/29/2005 2:40 AM  
Blogger Raja Pakistani said...

Ahaha yeah, NYC is definitely a pedestrian city. Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip. :-)

8/29/2005 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam
It was great meeting u :)!

8/30/2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker