Sunday, August 07, 2005

*~The Nikkah~*

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

Before the wedding .....
I thought I would write the emotions I'm going through before my friend Naaz's wedding. For the past weeks, I've been soo happy for her, giddy and excited that this day has finally arrived for her. But just a little while ago, I sat here just about to write in her card and it actually hit me that it's her wedding day and she's leaving us :( I am overwhelmed with sadness at the moment. It's happy sad haha don't worry but it's just really hard. And now I know for sure that I'm going to be a cry baby at her wedding when the rukhsati happens (when the bride leaves). Just as long as my dear cousin Aisha is there with me, holding my hand ... I think we'll be okay!

This is a day we have been talking about and wondering about for so long! And now, that it's here, I'm crazy with happiness right now for her. May Allah Swt bless them both always! Okay, well the card is finished, I've wrapped her present and now, just gotta fix up my clothing that I'll be wearing tonight. I reeeally hope my brother gets home in time, there is no way I'm arriving there late *grr* I'll let you know how everything goes tonight ... eeeh!!

pillow1

After the wedding.....
I'm back from attending Naaz's wedding. Masha'Allah ... it was ever so beautiful, just as I imagined it would be. And one word for her ... stunning. She looked like those dhulan manequin dolls awww so gorgeous. The whole evening was so happy and lovely and well organized too. The speeches were great, mainly poems about the couple read by the adults haha Naaz's cousin, Rabia, my other friend needed me to run around and take pictures for her because I think she was having difficulty with her own camera. So I felt cool to have a job of my own teehehe I specifically ordered an outfit from Hyderabad to wear at this wedding, I begged for it not to be too dressy but that's exactly what I got. It's a gorgeous suit, no doubts with that, actually everyone says it's an outfit that should be placed in my "jahaiz" (clothing given to a bride for her wedding). But it was a big wedding so I blended in well :D Naaz's hubby (awww he's finally her hubby now!) was so smiley all evening! haha That grin on his face just wouldn't wipe off and he was such a poser for those pictures! Anyways, they made a darling couple. I was really missing my parents though, they weren't able to attend the shaadi because they are in Chicago at the moment attending another wedding that I was supposed to go to. But, can't miss out on my friend's wedding, now can I?! Nuh uh! Though mummy would have been happy because of the proposals I was getting at this wedding hahaha *sigh*

The time had come for her to leave. Everyone was gathered in the lobby. She went straight for her parents and cried and cried and cried :( It was so hard to see but real beautiful at the same time. And I knew she was approaching me soon so I had to pull myself together but the moment we hugged, and she started crying, and I just couldn't handle all the emotion! All of our experiences in Uni came rushing back to me and I'm really going to miss that. She's completing her final year in Ottawa while I'm here, gonna have to do a whole year without seeing her, calling her up to see if she's available to eat those baked potatoes! hehe

Her brother was right, they truly were a match made in heaven. And it's so relieving to know that they have finally found one another. Because that's how it is, the one's that we are to marry, are already chosen by Allah Swt. It is just a matter of finding them in this life. Such a big task haha but I'm confident that each and every one of us will find the other sooner than later. And my du'a is that whoever He (Swt) has chosen, may they be someone we can always depend on and experience a friendship and love like no other.

*May Allah Swt bless them both, bless they're home and bless their offspring, insha'Allah ... ameen*

note: The picture above is the party favours Naaz's made! That's right, she designed them, bought the material to make it :D Of course, she had us to help put them together but what a cute idea! It's a lil pillow aww

7 Comments:

Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

awwwwwwwwwwww squeeksterrrr dont cryyy....inshallah i pray Allah gives her a long happy properous marriage inshallah, and before ya know it, ya wil be next init.

Take it eazy,
Waslam

8/07/2005 7:25 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

KababKing:
aww ... I can't help it *sniff* But I'm doing a lot better now, I have beautiful memories of her and she promised to visit as much as she could! :D

Cricketer:
Hmm, is this who I think it is?! thanks hun ameen, and .... insha'Allah :D

8/08/2005 1:56 AM  
Blogger elysium said...

alhamdulillah :)
this is awesome.

8/08/2005 11:49 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Rudiger:
For some reason, your comment is not appearing here. But I beg you, please remove yourself from this delusional state you have put yourself in! True, I'm older than you but who here LOOKS older? huh?! Did you say Rudiger? yes yes, that's right.

aww but thanks for visiting! :D

8/09/2005 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/11/2005 4:58 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Insha'Allah, annonymous, thank you

8/11/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awwwwwww Squeeks!!! Reading that almost made me cry... and brought back memories from my best friends wedding last summer. It was bittersweet.. bc I was so excited and happy for her... but then again things were gonna be different now... but silver lining: she actually moved closer to me so YAY!!

Hey it's been a good month, I've seen u at 2 weddings :) a pleasure as always Sweety!

8/15/2005 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker