Monday, August 15, 2005

*~The Waleema~*

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

ahh .. the last day of all the parties (so far). In order to make it to this, my family had to make a trip to Ottawa because that was where the waleema was held. Since ... *sniff* ... Naaz is living there now! All I can say was that it was the most hectic weekend I have experienced in such a long time! For some reason, daddy kept taking the wrong routes so it was prolonging our trip. And the party was the day we were arriving in Ottawa ... not to mention the craziness we had to go through becuz my brother misplaced the wedding invite! argh! But anyway, we made it, unfortunately I missed the bride and groom's entrance ... it's all good. She ... looked so beautiful masha'Allah, they were matching! haha Naaz had a peachy outfit on and Atif was told to wear a peach tie aww What made me really happy was to see how happy she was that day. All the stress from the wedding was completely taken away from her face and the nur that Allah Swt has blessed her with, was dazzling that night. It was just so nice, spending those last hours with her because I know I won't be seeing her for quite some time :( It's a really sad thought but just thinking about the family that she has married into, makes it all better because I know they will keep her very happy insha'Allah ... mubarak you two!

It was an awesome weekend alhamdulillah ... eventhough our car stopped on the highway :O haha But we got out of that one safely teehehe Note to Rabia: Thank you soooo much hun, for taking me in haha apologize to your hubby for me that he had to crash in the living room haha awww!

Fi-aman'Allah

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wikified fun time.
Weddings of close people are so fun and hectic and crazy and sad all in one...ahhhh...

Take it eazy.

Wasalamies
Cricketgal

8/16/2005 5:36 PM  
Blogger elysium said...

welcome back to t-dot.
great to know you had fun.
missed muslimfest though !! :)

8/16/2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

JazaakAllah for the comments, aww!

Elysium:
Thanks for making me incredibly sad! aww kidding, I really wanted to attend but my friend's waleema was too important. So I'm depending on you to provide with beautiful pictures!! :D

8/17/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

hahaha my Mr Toodles picture cracks me up ... *happy sigh*

8/17/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger elysium said...

they didn't let me take any pictures of the concert! mean people. I am going to try and ask permission as 'media' next year I hope. But some of the pictures are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/a-z/sets/753247/

I'm not too proud of them :( it wasn't too nice a day ( soggy clouds and such )

but i hope you enjoy regardless.

8/17/2005 8:46 PM  
Blogger Frazza said...

I just came across this somehow; I did the qirat at that waleemah!

2/20/2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker