Monday, April 24, 2006

Keep Fit and Have Fun!

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

I have been very happy with the way my summer has been progressing alhamdulillah. I do not feel lazy at all! (okay well, I do have my moments hehe) I have been keeping up with the gym for the past few weeks at the Exclusively Women's Fitness center. I mean, I have a membership, I think it should be put to some use! I only go a few times a week, yet I am now thinking that I should make it a daily occurence. Preferably every morning because I feel it would be a great way to start the day. That way, I can also catch my breakfast on time because like we all know ... "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"!

It is really important to make sure you keep yourself active because it will surely help you in the long run. One of the reasons why I am at the gym is because I have no muscle apparently :( And the women who work at my gym love to remind me each time I go for my fitness evaluation which happens every 6-8 weeks. Eeh, I'm working on it! I keep a routine for myself when I'm at the gym. First, make sure to do stretches! Once I began my workouts without doing so and it was a bad mistake ... was in so much pain *ouchies*. After that, I go straight to the Cardio Cinema room and use the bicycle and then the Stairmaster hehe It helps me to relax so that I may go to the Circuit Training room and feel good enough to attempt at those weight machines.

Along with my building muscle plans, I am planning to work on my eating habits. I think my eating habits are very poor and need desperate work on. There will be a day where I can go without food except for a little thing here and there ... and then there are days where I just cannot stop eating :S So I plan to follow the Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating. Keep up with that, and you are good to go! Well ... at least that's what I'm hoping for.


Anyone else in the gym scene? What do you usually focus on?

note: "gym" pronounced as "gyme"
Homer: Gyme? What's a gyme?
He enters the gym
Homer: (looking at the weight equipment) Ohhh ... a gyme!

Homer and

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice entry:) And yes its my summer, to get fit:) lose the flab!

But besides that good entry:), and eating healthy is the hardest part!!!

4/25/2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I'm not pleased with myself at all when it comes to my workout schedule - I've been extremely inconsistent over the last few years and it's affecting me. I can't live off of hockey forever...

I think it's great that you're working out. Keep up the good work! :)

4/25/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Ohhh I want to work out too! I have no muscles so I know exactly what you mean. I have no patience for machines though.. I like aerobics :D

My goal is to start soon too inshallah .. remind me if I don't put this plan into action lol

4/25/2006 3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh yaay, I've been working out too. Too lazy to go to the gym coz its far and busing it is a hassle. Make me stick to it Rafoo baji!

4/25/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger nat said...

Working out is great! I go once in a while, though I should probably make it a routine, but then I feel like my work out went to waste when I start to pig out on junk! lol, I should start eating better too, I think its easier when summer rolls around because fruit and veggies are more plentiful and cheaper. Its hard to eat healthy durring winter because you dont really have much of a variety and you end up spending an arm and a leg for healthy stuff.

4/25/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Hibs
What flab ...? hehe I agree, eating healthy is the most hardest part. Especially when you're so into baking :S
Nauman:
It's okay ... at least you are keeping yourself active through hockey which is better than nothing! Maybe you can squeeze in gym visits also to that busy schedule of yours :)
'liya
Aww! I love aerobics! Aaliya, you must join the gym now so that we can be gym buddies! Wooo
Weebz
You have?! Why must you live so far away from me :( I need gym buddies.
Nuffy:
haha I was saying the same thing a while ago. Exercising and eating junk does not really balance itself out. Maybe we can stock up on fruits and veggies for the winter ..?

4/26/2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

I didn't even see this post til now. Your blinky poast was blocking it from my view :(

I tried going to a women's only gym, but it was...disgusting. I'll leave it up to your imagination to figure out what I mean :D

But I hope it's going well for you!

4/28/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

and when I say "poast" I actually mean post. oops. Maybe I was thinking of toast?

4/28/2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker