Friday, September 29, 2006

Taraweeh in Makkah

Assalaamu Alaikum :)


makkah_1

One of my favourite things of Ramadan is the amount of time we spend with family that normally would not be spent otherwise. Which is, quite unfortunate. But anyway, there is something else my mother and I always look forward to when Ramadan approaches. Watching the Taraweeh that is performed in Makkah. It is broadcasted everyday on ARY Digital and I cannot express how my heart feels while I sit there and listen to such a beautiful recitation. To my advantage, the translation is written on the screen while the recitation is being recited.

Subhana'Allah, my mother and I always begin to have that sense of longing to go back and experience being in the presence of the beautiful Ka'ba. I was 18 when I went for Hajj, alhamdulillah, and I wish I could have captured every moment, every feeling, every thought that went through my mind while I was there. But unfortunately, I cannot. One thought, one moment and feeling that I will never forget is the first time I saw the Ka'ba right before my very own eyes. I don't think anyone could forget such a moment, that is how awe-inspiring it was. I sit here, and I can honestly remember the weather, the sound of thousands of people shuffling by me to go in tawaf, the sweet scent that filled the air ... it was just a serene feeling altogether. I wish I could capture that moment and allow you to view what I have viewed. Well, I can do the next best thing and that is to pray to Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala that each and every one of you will be given the blessed opportunity to go sometime in the very near future and capture the same moment as I had, ameen :)

I long to go again. I really do. I especially would want to visit during Ramadan, now that would be a dream-come-true ... insha'Allah.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got back from a summer in Meedinah and Meccah with shaykh hamza... then i topped it off with a trip to hydroland all my myself

mommy..wow... im a big kid now

but no i know how u feel... i wanna go baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

9/30/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Beautiful :)

10/01/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Kikar:
Wow, really? I had no idea, masha'Allah that's great! Did your entire family go? How's hydroland? I hear it's different now.
Aaliya:
Thanks hun :)

10/01/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Inshallah, make du'aa... I'll be at Makkah this December inshallah. I heard ARY shows that but I don't really get ARY so I wouldn't know... then again, they've got a free preview going on these days. :)

10/02/2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Frazza said...

Assalamu'alaykum,
Tarawih in Madinah is amazing. Alhamdolillah, I had the chance of visiting during Ramadhan a few years ago. What's even more amazing is the qiyaam-ul-layl they have in the last 10 nights.

A friend of mine used to spend hours and hours watching the Tarawih broadcasts on the internet. What was annoying was the fact that he would skip our local tarawih at our masjid because our imam didn't recite like Shaikh Sudais and Shuraim. :P

10/02/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Haha, that's actually pretty funny, Faraz. There's this one khateeb at the Shalimar Complex here in Mississauga who earned ALOT of comparisons to Shaykh Sudais last year... people from all over the city were trying to attend Tarawih there just to hear him recite because of how strikingly similar his recitation was to the legendary Shaykh.

10/04/2006 2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hafiz rafaqat ali khan ...


and i went alone dulhan hunting lol

10/05/2006 1:33 AM  
Blogger IntI said...

I can understand how u r feeling, even tho i didnt go yet, but i dream 2 go there so soon. insha allah

10/07/2006 3:59 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Nauman:
You've made the intention to perform Hajj, I will make du'a that Allah Swt accepts it :) So exciting!!
Faraz:
Walaikum Assalaam,
masha'Allah, you experienced that aww make du'a that I too am given the chance in my lifetime insha'Allah.
Kikar:
Uh .. huh ... any luck? :P
Bluewaves:
If you haven't been there, you haven't been anywhere, subhana'Allah. So you're in my du'as :D

10/08/2006 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker