Saturday, October 28, 2006

Eid Party

Assalaamu Alaikum ...

I'm not really in the mood to sit here and write so I'll just post a few pictures from our school Eid Party. It was such a lovely experience and an amazing event! The students had a great time and so did the teachers ... but it was also very tiring. We had a half-day on Thursday, so the party began at 12pm. Some of my students bought me the most sweetest gifts hehe

Anyhooz ... here's what happened ...

Some of the decorations in my classroom. My classroom looked sooo different because it was completely cleared out. I walked in that morning to find NO toys :o It was quite the sight.

I don't really want to post pictures of my students, I think that'd be a bit strange but they looked so amazing in their Eid clothes! haha I couldn't recognize half of them without their uniforms. I just had to take a picture of my youngest student's shoes ... hehe ... look how cute they are!

These are a couple of the prayer mats that my students worked on as their Ramadan Project. Aren't they beautiful? It was so hard to work on these with them but I think they did a pretty good job, masha'Allah :)

This is what the older boys were working on. They were provided with a wooden Qur'an stand and had to paint it themselves, how ever they wanted. My student's mother sent this and the prayer mats for us to work on ... I'm going to ask her if she has an extra Qur'an stand so I can paint my own too! hehe

There were many games that the children played. Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Musical Chairs, Hot Potato (so funny haha) and this Pinata which literally took an hour to even produce a dent. Ahh, the frustration.

All in all, it was a success, alhamdulillah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. :)

10/30/2006 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first year teaching English communication arts in an Islamic school. I love it! I am not Muslum, but I choose to wear an hajab and I am very careful to respect and value the beliefs of my students. On Monday we are spending the whole day celebrating Eid. I am new at this and need ideas. Kristine Key My E-mail is kristinekkey@hotmail.com

10/11/2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker