Sunday, October 08, 2006

'Alima Program ..?

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I just got back from my Uloom class that I attend almost every weekend morning. Today's lesson was on Ihtikaaf during the last 10 days of Ramadan and Zakaat, since most people give it during this month. Subhana'Allah, there is no limit to knowledge.

Which comes to my main topic of thought and discussion. The 'alima who teaches us was mentioning that she may possibly start up her own 'Alima Program early next year, insha'Allah. She mentioned this before but I didn't really give it any thought. Today was different. I think it was because she further explained that she would be teaching complete Arabic as well as Urdu. This really grabbed my attention. For the longest time now, I have been yearning to learn how to speak Arabic. This course would help you to learn how to speak it, write it and of course recite it correctly (which I am already learning at the moment). In 'alima courses, Urdu is taught specifically because it is the only language that can express true respect for the words of the Qur'an ... it's that beautiful tee hee This was another thing that had me thinking because I really want to work on my Urdu speaking/writing/reading skills. Then of course, you would be learning an incredible amount on the rules and regulations that are within Islam.

Now I'm sitting here thinking ... should I go for it? She will be offering Introductory classes after Ramadan and then, insha'Allah, the course would start up after Hajj. I asked her if she knew what time of the day these classes would take place because I was hoping it would not conflict with my current teaching hours. If anything, they would begin at 6pm ... not so bad. The 'alima still needs to confirm things about the program herself. Once she does, I will then seriously think about it.

Hmm, I'll discuss it with my parents. I know exactly what my mum will say haha

Squeeky - Mummy, I'm thinking of attending an 'alima program. And it will most likely be every day in the evening ...... *waits for response*
Mummy - Okay wait ... you already come home exhausted and cranky from work and whine about your lack of sleep and now on top of that, you want to join another program?!
Squeeky - Umm ... yes ....
Mummy - ....

I'll let you know what she says hehe
Please remember me in your du'as ... :D

9 Comments:

Blogger Nauman said...

It's great that you're looking to find a useful way to use your time outside of work... keep up the good work. :)

10/08/2006 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, you just gotta do it. ever since i left shariahprogram, i've been trying to figure out how to go back. there is nothing like the gardens of the scholars.

but dont be under some thought that this will easy. it'll be tough. but inshallah, if you are sincere, and you have Allah's acceptance he will make it easy for you.

what i would do for an oppurtunity such as the one you have before you.

10/09/2006 1:44 AM  
Blogger Umar said...

i began a part-time alim course a few years back.

...didn't get too far before i realized i couldn't handle the course load.

10/09/2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Nauman:
JazaakAllahu khairaa :) wish me luck!
Maaz:
Boy, I'm still thinking about it. I know it's going to be very challenging, but what a challenge! Anyways, it's something I'm thinking of doing but we'll see what happens. Insha'Allah. I have major transportation issues :(
Umar:
Oh wow, you did? Well at least you tried. That's what I want to do, at least give it a chance since it's such a great opportunity at the moment ...

10/11/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Umm Haniah said...

As salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,
MAshaAllah, well let me tell you, she's an amazing teacher especially when teaching Alima classes. If I wasn't in bowmanville I was going to join her as well.

Anyways it's great your thinking about going, you should go. Try it at least, then see what happens. Do istikhara if you want. InshaAllah everything will work out just fine.

By the way give her my salams...just say it's sumaiya "who knows about the Karate chop" just make sure you say that you have nooooo idea what karate chop...and you don't so that's good otherwise she's going to kiiiiiiill me....hehe

ma'asalama
-aMystery

oh and remember me in your du'as, especially in these last ten nights.

10/13/2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger 'liya said...

Go for it! But if you really love teaching then go back to York and get your B.Ed too...

:)

Hope your fasting is going well!

10/16/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Sumaiya:
Aww, walaikum assalaam :D Thank you so much for your kind words. I've decided to attend for as long as I can (hopefully my ride issues will be sorted out) if not, well, Allahu Alim ... maybe sometime in the future. I agree, she's such a great person masha'Allah, funny too hehe And insha'Allah I'll remember to mention this "karate chop" haha

Enjoy the last few days of Ramadan :( you're in my du'as!

'liya:
hehe Yes, that is the idea. Insha'Allah I can get myself there. Ramadan is going great, thank you :) went by too fast!

10/19/2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Learning the Quran in depth myself, I would like to encourage you to do this alima programe. SubhanAllah, its amazing learning Quran. It gives you a whole new perspective and outlook on things if you study it in depth. For me it was a little difficult in the begining, giving up schooling and everyhting to learn Quran, but Alhamdulilah, I feel good that I did it. I feel great! Because I know that if I hadnt I would be in so much loss right now. I would have missed everything that I now know, all the ilm. The scary thing is that if you miss it you'll never know what you missed...and you may never even get another chance to do this. As for your busy schedule, If you make time for Allah, He will put barakah in the rest of your time. Everyhting gets done in the end, all the lose ends get tied. Just give it a thought, inshAllah. May Allah make the decision clearer and easier for you.

Now! I would like you to check out our blog: It is an Islamic blog with reflections on the lectures given by Dr. Farhat Hashmi at AlHuda International, Toronto. Feel free to leave a comment, or even link us to your blog, inshAllah.
www.qurantalks.blogspot.com

10/21/2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

ki:
haha You're right, you may just see me. To be honest, I'm really not in the mood to attend :S

10/22/2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker